Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on H1B Visa Stamping in Home Country India

I am currently residing in the US on F1 visa. I graduated in December 2002 and since then I have been working in Detroit, MI on my EAD / OPT. My OPT expires on the 20th February 2004.

My current employer has already filed for my H1B application by normal procedure (Not the premium processing) on 20th October 2003. In the meantime, I have been contacted by another employer and I would like to join them soon. They will be filing my Premium Processing Visa sometime soon.

My long winded question here is, if I want to visit India sometime from December end to mid Jan (before joining the new company), I will not have my salary stubs from the new employer. I will have the I797 approval letter and the company offer letter with other details required as per the rules but the salary stubs.

Will I be able to get the visa stamped in this case? Do I have to schedule an appointment in the US consulate in Bombay, India (my home town) or a drop-box facility will work?

I hope my question is clear. Feel free to e-mail/call me.

Thanks

Best regards,

Chirag Modi
    E-mail: modichirag@hotmail.com
    Cell: 1-248-231-0533

I am currently residing in the US on F1 visa. I graduated in December 2002 and since then I have been working in Detroit, MI on my EAD / OPT. My OPT expires on the 20th February 2004.

My current employer has already filed for my H1B application by normal procedure (Not the premium processing) on 20th October 2003. In the meantime, I have been contacted by another employer and I would like to join them soon. They will be filing my Premium Processing Visa sometime soon.

My long winded question here is, if I want to visit India sometime from December end to mid Jan (before joining the new company), I will not have my salary stubs from the new employer. I will have the I797 approval letter and the company offer letter with other details required as per the rules but the salary stubs.

Will I be able to get the visa stamped in this case? Do I have to schedule an appointment in the US consulate in Bombay, India (my home town) or a drop-box facility will work?

I hope my question is clear. Feel free to e-mail/call me.

Thanks

Best regards,

Chirag Modi
    E-mail: modichirag@hotmail.com
    Cell: 1-248-231-0533

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms