Question regarding a sponsorship of a spouse

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Josephine, forgive me, but aren't you the petitioner and not the beneficiary? If I am correct, this is a little different, because the girl is the beneficiary through her mother. So, I am really not sure what she could get out of this. I know one thing that they both already have a Medical Card ONLY for the Emergency visits. Wonder if that could be counted towards sponsor's or co-sponsor's responsibilities too. I don't know that.

Comment

I am the petitioner, but at our interview, INS officer still asked me if I receive any of these means-tested funds.

Comment

My husband once got into a serious accident and had to stay at the hospital for four days. He got emergency retroactive Medi-Cal to cover most of those costs since he didn't have any insurance. He had to pay a share of cost. Other than that one time, he hasn't received any government money. I thought that I read somewhere that "emergency" Medi-Cal does not count. Can someone please let me know if this is true? If it does count, then will this mean that my husband will not be able to adjust? Also, after filing a petition, if the sponsor later drops below the poverty line and has to get some sort of benefits, then what will happen ie if the sponsor is the alien's spouse. For example, if I manage to sponsor my husband but later get pregnant and quit my job and have to get Medi-Cal, will that affect anything? Please advise.

Comment

This link explains EVERYTHING!

http://www.usais.org/fileaffadavitofsupport.htm#whatare

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources