Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obtaining a drivers license....

My friend has overstayed her visa by about 8 years now. She is planning to get married in Connecticut in March and then move out to Illinois to live with her then husband. She never obtained a US license when she was living here legally. Is she going to have some problems obtaining one given that she doesn't really have any of the identification needed to get a drivers license in Illinois and probably anywhere else in the country. If she is married will this make any difference in the outcome? Her passport says it all......

My friend has overstayed her visa by about 8 years now. She is planning to get married in Connecticut in March and then move out to Illinois to live with her then husband. She never obtained a US license when she was living here legally. Is she going to have some problems obtaining one given that she doesn't really have any of the identification needed to get a drivers license in Illinois and probably anywhere else in the country. If she is married will this make any difference in the outcome? Her passport says it all......

Comment

Well..

In most stated you now need a Social Security Number (SSN) in order to obtain a valid Driver's Licence.

She could've have her Driver's Licence using her passport and i-94 (permit) until a couple years ago, when they decided not to do this no more.

Once she get married and file for AOS and EAD she will be able to obtain a Driver's Licence when she receive her SSN.

Hope it helps,

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed