Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still Conditional or not?

Conditional gc issued in error. Married for more than 3 yrs. As The Grand Poo-Bah
    Lord Chief Justice advised reported the error to regional office and even though they accepted their typing error when puting it in the system,couldn't do anything other than file for replacement. And as he said have to go thru lot of red tape to correct it. Waiting period is 465-600 so days.

What is my status of today till 1-2yrs I get the corrected GC.

Conditional gc issued in error. Married for more than 3 yrs. As The Grand Poo-Bah
    Lord Chief Justice advised reported the error to regional office and even though they accepted their typing error when puting it in the system,couldn't do anything other than file for replacement. And as he said have to go thru lot of red tape to correct it. Waiting period is 465-600 so days.

What is my status of today till 1-2yrs I get the corrected GC.

Comment

NYCImmParalegal,
      You have mentioned elsewhere that once Gc is issued no one can take it away and then in bracket you mentioned unless conditional. So does that/not apply to my status.--Conditional Gc issued in error. Passport stamped with CR then struckoff to say should be IR application in process.

Comment

Anita

If you would stick to one thread with accurate facts, you would probably get the answer from someone. Who can tell what u r looking for by making all these threads and each time the info is different?????

You said you were married 2 yrs when u came here. Did BCIS verify that they made a mistake and should have issued you a 10 yrs card? Do you have that official in writing from them that your card is a perm one.. If so why then did you pay for I-90 appli. fee if this is BCIS error??

On other thread u said u lost the card.. then u said "what if someone hiding or keeping" Games.

If BCIS has acknowledged error then you have a 10yrs gc and that cannot be taken away by spouse withdrawal. An approved petition cannot be withdrawn. If your card was intended conditional as you say it reads. The I751 will have to be filed to remove conditions. If you are divorced when the time comes, you may apply using 751 waiver under good faith . No guarantees that it will be approved.

'

Comment

Nothing in written was given to be other than passport stamp CR struck off and replaced with IR. It happened in the same visit. The only acknowledgement was verbal when they called the interviewing officier to check the validation of my claim. He told the lady officier that's a mistake pl correct in the system and she assured me she has. But apparently she didn't or did it late. SO in the next visit she made me file replacement application without fees.

Hope these specifics help in getting reply to my status

Comment

Anita

so if you stop by the local office tommorrow and inquire of the system what is your status.. conditional or 10yrs card. they will tell you.

We on the board do not know ur status at this time .. only BCIS knows. go check it and come back and tell us. If it is permanent(10yrs) then you have nothing to worry about from ur husband. Let us know your status from BCIS and at that point will see if offer advice on getting card expedited .

Comment

Unless you are planning on getting a divorce, than it's nothing to get too flustered about.
              Have a nice day

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed