Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Taxes....

I have a question, with my interview being not too far away, I was a bit concerned... I just recently turned 20... And i know they are going to ask for proof that I paid my taxes? What taxes?? I've only had a full time job for maybe 6 months to a year before that I only had part time jobs and was in school... I didnt make much, I didnt know about paying taxes, Taxes are deducted out of my checks... Can someone please help me and explain to me...

I have a question, with my interview being not too far away, I was a bit concerned... I just recently turned 20... And i know they are going to ask for proof that I paid my taxes? What taxes?? I've only had a full time job for maybe 6 months to a year before that I only had part time jobs and was in school... I didnt make much, I didnt know about paying taxes, Taxes are deducted out of my checks... Can someone please help me and explain to me...

Comment

In January, your employer will give you a Form W-2 for the previous year. That form will show the gross amount of your earnings and how much was held out for the various taxes; social security, medicare, federal income tax withholding, state income tax withholding, etc. Before April 15 you need to file an income tax return (probably a form 1040-EZ ) to determine what your actual tax liability was for the previous year. If there was too much taxes withheld from your check, you will get a refund. If you didn't have enough taxes withheld from you check you will have to pay more.

The following is a link to the IRS website with a simulation for students about how to file a tax return. It is very simple and straight forward and should be of some help in understanding the income tax system.

http://www.irs.gov/app/understanding...imulations.jsp

Hope that this helps.

WB

Comment

You can go back up to 3 years and file amended returns if its necessary. You are probably entitled to a full refund since you only worked part time, unless someone else could claim you as a dependent.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation