adjustment of status (I 130 or I131) ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adjustment of status (I 130 or I131) ?

I have to file our papers soon and we have a question reguarding the proper forms. We think we need to file the I 131 for advanced parole. Because we plan to travel back to Colombia this year. We married with an K-1 visa in the USA in Novemnber 03. Do we need to file the I 131 orthr I 131?

I have to file our papers soon and we have a question reguarding the proper forms. We think we need to file the I 131 for advanced parole. Because we plan to travel back to Colombia this year. We married with an K-1 visa in the USA in Novemnber 03. Do we need to file the I 131 orthr I 131?

Comment

up!

Comment

Have you already filed for adjustment of status? You will need to use the I-131 to apply for advance parole.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-131.htm

Comment

no yet,we want to file for adjustment of status,we think we need to file the G-325A,I-765,I-864,I-485, and I-131 to apply for advance parole,but the lawyer told me i have to file the I-130 too??,she have the K-1 visa now!!,

Comment

up!!

Comment

I-130 is for immigrant visa, I-485 is for adjustment of status, and you have to file both, plus whatever you need for advance parole, which can take some time to process.

Comment

http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/residency/family.htm

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/LPRApplication.htm

Here are all the forms you have to file. K-1 is a non-immigrant visa.

Comment

NO! Bad info!

US citizen spouses do NOT file I-130 petitions when the fiancé(e) enters the US as a K1 and marries the sponsor within 90 days.

You only have to file an I-130 if the fiancé(e) is in the US over 90 days prior to legal marriage.

Reminder, I-131 Application for Advance Parole goes to the office adjudicating the adjustment application. Don't send it to the Service Center.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation