Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• child case--to MOHAN

I am GC holder for almost five years. I want to apply for US citizienship and fill out N400. But I have kids from two different women. One of them is my legal wife and is GC holder. But second one is not legal and is a canadian citizen. Her child is also canadian.
    My question is can I list the names of my children in N400? During the interview, will I be asked why do these kids have different mothers?
    How does canadian the child become US citizien??
    Should I write the name of canadian woman in the form N400? She is not my wife legally.

Thanks Mohan

I am GC holder for almost five years. I want to apply for US citizienship and fill out N400. But I have kids from two different women. One of them is my legal wife and is GC holder. But second one is not legal and is a canadian citizen. Her child is also canadian.
    My question is can I list the names of my children in N400? During the interview, will I be asked why do these kids have different mothers?
    How does canadian the child become US citizien??
    Should I write the name of canadian woman in the form N400? She is not my wife legally.

Thanks Mohan

Comment

You can fill in the names of all your children. They are from your girlfriend but still you are father of those children. Children who have green cards only can derivate citizenship from you, if they are under 18 years of age. You can sponsor your Canadian children as Immediate Relatives, when you will be citizen. If they will be under 18 at that time, they can apply for Certificate of Citizenship after getting Green Card.
      Good luck.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed