Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIOA Explain this to me please

I was at the chat tonight and spoke to Azabenko and I asked him about trying to get the original petition the I-130 from INS from a previous case that was sent to them. He told me that my husband can file a FIOA to get a copy of his USCIS file. first time I hear about that. What do I have to do or does my husband have to request for that? Please help.

I was at the chat tonight and spoke to Azabenko and I asked him about trying to get the original petition the I-130 from INS from a previous case that was sent to them. He told me that my husband can file a FIOA to get a copy of his USCIS file. first time I hear about that. What do I have to do or does my husband have to request for that? Please help.

Comment

Hi Josephine,

Well, that was a new one for me also, but I think I finally found the information you are looking for.

Go to this website and I think you will be satisfied with the results.

http://www.usdoj.gov/foia/

Good Luck, Josephine, and I do hope that it helps.

Comment

It's the Freedom of Information Act. A lot of information held at government agencies is "public information" and accessible by the public (because they are taxpayers), for example, I work for the government and anyone wanting to know my salary may request that information. Other information is not available for a variety of reasons. Hope this is helpful, Take care.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation