X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• terrible interviewer

My wife and I had our interview today .
    A little background first. I am usc and my wife came to the states on a f-1 student visa in 1996. She was taking esl courses until her visa had expired in 98. We had met in 1997 and married in 2001. All paperwork were accepted and filed in 4/2002.

The interview: first we were sworn in and sat down. the interviewer looked at some papers and said that she can't continue with the interview because I needed to file a 485a because my wife overstayed more than 180 days? I was what the (f****) not literally. My wife entered legally on a student visa. The interviewer said this is the law sorry. Than i demanded to speak with a supervisor, something is wrong. We went back to the waiting area and sat for another 30 min. Then the same interviewer calls us back in and says she can start the interview. I have all the supporting docs and she was more than satisfied, BUT the interviewer said that ins has to wait for a background check on my wife. Was this not what the fbi did with the fingerprints? Also the interviewer stated that I might or might not need a I-601. What does might or might not need...arrgghgh.

Reading about the 601 seems that this does not apply to us. Any thoughts on this matter please. If there was a mistake by the interviewer, is there a way expedite another interview?

My wife and I had our interview today .
    A little background first. I am usc and my wife came to the states on a f-1 student visa in 1996. She was taking esl courses until her visa had expired in 98. We had met in 1997 and married in 2001. All paperwork were accepted and filed in 4/2002.

The interview: first we were sworn in and sat down. the interviewer looked at some papers and said that she can't continue with the interview because I needed to file a 485a because my wife overstayed more than 180 days? I was what the (f****) not literally. My wife entered legally on a student visa. The interviewer said this is the law sorry. Than i demanded to speak with a supervisor, something is wrong. We went back to the waiting area and sat for another 30 min. Then the same interviewer calls us back in and says she can start the interview. I have all the supporting docs and she was more than satisfied, BUT the interviewer said that ins has to wait for a background check on my wife. Was this not what the fbi did with the fingerprints? Also the interviewer stated that I might or might not need a I-601. What does might or might not need...arrgghgh.

Reading about the 601 seems that this does not apply to us. Any thoughts on this matter please. If there was a mistake by the interviewer, is there a way expedite another interview?

Comment

Where did you had your interview? I don't know what is going on, but if they said, its waiting for background check, thats normal since few ppl had that experience too. They normally hear something about 2 - 6 months (normally approval). Hope other ppl will give their opinion too.

Comment

we had the interview at the nyc office....worst bunch of smart asses who know nothing.
        Heres another funny little situation. I waited in line all morning to try and see where my file was pending a few months back. my number got called and showed my copys of 130 and 485. the person behind the counter says this is incomplete, you need to file a 765 ead. I said no only if my wife wanted to work, she did not and does not have to. The person behind the counter says well I am sorry that you are so rich that your wife does not have to work but this is imcomplete, see me when you file a 765. I was flabbergasted, to hear this kind of rubbish coming from the people who are "Supposed" to help us.

Comment

Dear veryfrustrated, I'm sorry to hear that you had hard time on your interview

Thats right that I-765 is optional, the same as Advance Parole, I-131. Its look like someone tried to be smart, but actually don't know what they talked about. Well, at least you know you're right.

I hope you will get a good news. Don't worry too much.

Comment

This is terrible, what the hell is wrong with these people! You are in the right, it's the incompetent staff that is wrong. I don't see how the 485a or the 601 can apply to your case. I really hope it all works out, I'm sure it will.
            We are dealing with NYC and we don't expect an interview for at least 2 years, they had better get their act together before then because the **** is going to hit the fan if they pull a stunt like that with my US husband. He's already pissed off with BCIS and we've only just started the process.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation