Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filing for my long lost 20yr old daughter

I am now a US citizen however i entered the US via my greencard as my dad filed for me. I gt pregnant when i was 19 therefore my prenancy was not accepted by my father. I had issues with my childs father so i had to leave my daughter with him for a while. When i returned he refused to tell me where my child was until he eventually told me that iven her up for adoption. Anyway i came to the United States however when my papers where being filed i put my daughter on them too in hope that by the time all my paperome through my daughter and i could be together. Now here is the complicated issue: my daughters father's name was not on the birthcertificate and i was the onlone who had a copy of the certificate. They adoption however went through without my concent and knowledge and I just recently made contact with my daughter who is now 20. Her full name as well as her date of birth as been altered. The date of birth s what puzzles me!! Her father died in 1998 so it is hopeless to really know what happened. I am positive that she is my daughter! I have her original birthcertificate which I am not sure is valid since date of birth was altered. Now, here are my questions:
    1)Is there a possibilty that my daughter has a greencard waiting for her to claim in her birthname since I listed her on my original greencard application? or
    2)Can I file for her in her adopted name with the court order of her adoption? PS Even the birthname was altered on the adoption order so it doesn't state her birthname.
    3)Does the fact that she was adopted without my consent or knowledge through deception of her dad mean that i have no rights to my daughter?
    4)Plain and simple, can ANYONE ADVISE ME WHAT TO DO?
    5)Lets say for example, she enters the in adopted name and I file for her in her birthname and put that she entered as uninspected will they ask how she managed to enter uninspected? Technically I would not be lying cause i would be filing for x on the papers and x did not get inpected cause she entered as y. Am I required by law to explain how she entered uninspected?
    7) Can someone please help me cause my child was taken away from me and i am now 33 with no other children. I may not be able to have anymore either as i had complications with her too.
    8)My daughter wants to be with me also and we want to be together ASAP.

P.S. I know this is very complicated!! I live in Ny state. My daughter was adopted in the caribbean, same place i was born. I am now a US citizen by naturalization.

PLEASE ASSIST ME WITH INFO!! WE are both stressed.

I am now a US citizen however i entered the US via my greencard as my dad filed for me. I gt pregnant when i was 19 therefore my prenancy was not accepted by my father. I had issues with my childs father so i had to leave my daughter with him for a while. When i returned he refused to tell me where my child was until he eventually told me that iven her up for adoption. Anyway i came to the United States however when my papers where being filed i put my daughter on them too in hope that by the time all my paperome through my daughter and i could be together. Now here is the complicated issue: my daughters father's name was not on the birthcertificate and i was the onlone who had a copy of the certificate. They adoption however went through without my concent and knowledge and I just recently made contact with my daughter who is now 20. Her full name as well as her date of birth as been altered. The date of birth s what puzzles me!! Her father died in 1998 so it is hopeless to really know what happened. I am positive that she is my daughter! I have her original birthcertificate which I am not sure is valid since date of birth was altered. Now, here are my questions:
    1)Is there a possibilty that my daughter has a greencard waiting for her to claim in her birthname since I listed her on my original greencard application? or
    2)Can I file for her in her adopted name with the court order of her adoption? PS Even the birthname was altered on the adoption order so it doesn't state her birthname.
    3)Does the fact that she was adopted without my consent or knowledge through deception of her dad mean that i have no rights to my daughter?
    4)Plain and simple, can ANYONE ADVISE ME WHAT TO DO?
    5)Lets say for example, she enters the in adopted name and I file for her in her birthname and put that she entered as uninspected will they ask how she managed to enter uninspected? Technically I would not be lying cause i would be filing for x on the papers and x did not get inpected cause she entered as y. Am I required by law to explain how she entered uninspected?
    7) Can someone please help me cause my child was taken away from me and i am now 33 with no other children. I may not be able to have anymore either as i had complications with her too.
    8)My daughter wants to be with me also and we want to be together ASAP.

P.S. I know this is very complicated!! I live in Ny state. My daughter was adopted in the caribbean, same place i was born. I am now a US citizen by naturalization.

PLEASE ASSIST ME WITH INFO!! WE are both stressed.

Comment

DNA is the answer.
      You have to take the DNA test to get proof that she is your daughter first, then you need good attorney who can correct/represent you in court( means Who can Argue in court, not the attorney who fight on papers as oral arguement is needed.)

Comment

Thanks for your response mohan. My major question is do you think i have a better chance filing for her here in new york as being uninspected or should i file for her as being in my home country?
        Do you know of any such good oral immigration lawyers in new york and can you explain how this whole court issue has gotten involved?
        Can you or anyoneelse make suggestions or answer my questions in more detail. I am very confused and really appreciate your advice.

Comment

I will write in details later, i,m in hurry.
          I need some info thogh.
          When you entered as LPR and when she was born? Did she born in US? Did her father was USC?
          You need to prove step by step and you need good attorney for that. yu have better chances to file it here but you might need to take trip to carribean too( May be ). Give me some answers. I,m sure you have to prove First.
          Its your child.
          She is citizen of US or dependent.
          adoption was not ligimit as you did not concent.

Comment

She was born in 1983. Her father is not a US citizen. She was already born when I entered the U.S. Her adoption when through in 1986.

Comment

according to these dates so you are not 33 as you said in your first post. Please pay attention to what you said because the INS are not that easy to believe whatever.
              Is she yr real daughter ? only DNA can prove that.
              good luck

Comment

Yea i altered my age but all it the other dates are correct. They issue is now i want to file for my child and i want to know if it is possible! dna will prove the facts but i am worried about the whole name and her date of birth aization. Worried that ins wont consiider her legally my daughter if it turns out adoption was legitimate in my home country. PleaSE HELP ME TONIGHT SOMEONE. As of midnight tonight i will no longer have internet access. Need quick help!!

Comment

Your situation is very intriguing to me. I most definately agree with the others that the dna test is your best shot!! You should not lie bout your age though leaves doubts about your honesty. Anyway, I am really interested in your case had a aunt with a simimlar situation but she made no attempt to file for her child as she was scared of fraud issues. Mohan you have really drawn my attention with your responses, please give further response on this case! I am really interested. I am also praying for this woman cause she seems very troubled. Anyway, maybe this will be something i can use with my own aunt.

Comment

Your case is complicated but not impossible if things are true what you are saying.
                    three case has to be filed. two in civil court and one in Immigration court( Application for immigration)

First of all you have to prove that you are the biological mother. TO proof this you need solid proofs You have to do the DNA testing to your own ( you have to pay for it) with this evidence you can file the case is court( immigration court has noting to do with it).
                    you have to get the adoption record to prove it wrong.
                    Next step is to file a case to prove that she is your daughter and you never consent for adoption, Adoption is illigal without your consent. once your daughter's adoption is proven then you have to file for dependent of USC/forign born child of USC, then you can file for her in immigration. you don't have to correct the birth certificate or change anything regarding birth. neither you have to ad the father's name.
                    I know it will be a battle, some of the things you have to do abroad, you have hire attorney in that country where she lives ( adoption specilist attorney, case has to be filed within that country, you may face resistance from her adopted parents too, so you should prepare for that)

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation