Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Yes, fill all the 4 PAGES for each person (its consider a SET). So one set for you and one set for your spouse. Look carefully at the bottom of the forms, its written different stuff for each pages. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I'm a Canadian that came over to visit my friend & was told being a Canadian I didn't need a visitors visa. We were together for a month & found it too heart breaking to be apart & got married. Found out that was not the right thing to do & scared to death to be torn apart. We are trying to file the AOS package but there are 4 sheets of the G-325A exactly the same!!! Why is that? Do I fill out all 4 of them? I don't even understand all the things in the package & scared to death. Someone please help. We are in NC, USA & no idea where to get help.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Lutongirl,

About the delay in adjusting your status, there is nothing more you can do except to file it and just wait for your interview. I know until you get your passport stamp, you will have worries about what if, and if and if...but life has to go on. So, try to be organized as possible on your interview, bring all documents and evidence related regarding your marriage. The key things here...if you organize, you will make yourself professional and less work for the interviewer and the interview will go short and smoothly. Plus you must have all the documents they need.

About your question of I-485 part 2, tick (h) and the reason is "I am married to US citizen".

Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• LutonGirl
    replied
    hi i need some help pls, i am on part 2 of the i-485 and it askes to check one, im not sure what one i am suppose to check?? is it the first one husband has applied? thankyou

Leave a comment:

• LutonGirl
    replied
    Me2 ur a god send...one more question, i did ask somewhere else but cant remember where..have i hampered my applications by waiting so long? i came here nov 2001 married 2002 and have not done a thing till now?? when i say not done a thing i mean not applied any paperwork or forms? can i be sent home? and what are the chances (silly) shouldnt have waited so long i know :-(.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Yes, the answer of that question is yes. Keep your original I-94. I know its stressful, but you will get through it Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• LutonGirl
    replied
    yes i have the i-94 and yes i was asked those questions when i entered...so does this measn when i fill out the 1-485 i say yes to being inspected by an immigration officer? the person who asked me was the one who checked my passport?? thankyou for answering my posts this is so stressfull and greatly appreciated. thanx again.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    What I means...do you have I-94 when you enter US last time?

Normally when you enter US through immigration, you have to stop at the counter and show your passport and they will ask you how long to stay and so on....thats normal routine. Because when you fill in I-485 form, there is a question that ask you "Were you inspected by a US Immigration Officer?"

Leave a comment:

• LutonGirl
    replied
    File as soon as possible. Normally spouse to USC forgiven for overstayed, but as I said, not a guarantee. I hope you are inspected by immigration officer at the POE and have your I-94 when you enter US. Inspected here means you came in legally??????

i dont understand ur last part of post when u say u hope im inspected?? or mean going to be or was?? and will i have or do i have my i-94? sorry to be a bother thanx for replying

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Lutongirl,

I'm not an expert, I try to give my comments based on my reading . But I strongly advise that you double check my info with other ppl too.

In your case, you already overstayed more than 180 days. If you go out from US, you will be banned for 3 years to enter US.

File as soon as possible. Normally spouse to USC forgiven for overstayed, but as I said, not a guarantee. I hope you are inspected by immigration officer at the POE and have your I-94 when you enter US. Inspected here means you came in legally.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Viva89,

Conditional PR given if your interview date scheduled before your 2 years marriage date, not filing date.

So, if your interview scheduled after your 2 years marriage, no matter when you filed it, you still get 10 years PR (if approved). So its not based on the date of filing, but the date of your marriage.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Me 2, whoever you are, thanx for the info. Sorry for being ignorant, but can you explain something to me. When do immigration give you conditional PR-when the marriage is less than 2 yrs old at the time of filing the papers or at the time of the interview?

Leave a comment:

• LutonGirl
    replied
    Me2....Hi there you seem to know what your talking about, can i pls ask u a question or 2 lol?? first i came here on a visa waiver and got married to a USC my visa ran out Feb 2002, and i am only now getting the forms in hopefully this Friday have i made matters worse for waiting so long?? and what can i say to put this right?? thanx in advance.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    You will get 10 years PR status. About your work, I'm sorry I cannot answer that, but if they won't ask, you don't need to tell.

I'm not a lawyer pls act accordingly.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Guys, do you think that I might be in trouble because I have worked previously without authorization(I was on an F1 visa) and was paid with a paycheck,Thanx.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation