Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Administrative reviews

Help can anyone tell me how long these administrative reviews can take. My fiancee had 3 interviews in Mumbai and then was told that they wanted to do this admin review, but of course could not give us a time frame or what happens if he leaves the country to go back to work in Europe. Anyone who has any information or helpful hints as to what we can do to expedite this would be greatly appreciated.

Help can anyone tell me how long these administrative reviews can take. My fiancee had 3 interviews in Mumbai and then was told that they wanted to do this admin review, but of course could not give us a time frame or what happens if he leaves the country to go back to work in Europe. Anyone who has any information or helpful hints as to what we can do to expedite this would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

its been over three months for my husband and we are still waiting. Its a long wait let me know how it goes for you. go luck and i hope it is soon you here from them

Comment

No idea at all ... my friend is waiting for more than a year now after his first interview and no move from them ... good luck ... Pasha

Comment

Pasha, which embassy is your friend waiting on the AR ?? I'm still waiting too, almost 4 months post interview. We have only been interviewed once.

Comment

Hi Julie,

I apologize for not having replied earlier ... I missed this one .... Well he is dealing with Mumbai embassy .... He went there 2 days ago and I talked to him today ... they say ... its confidential so they cant give him much info on it ... they told him there is nothing wrong with his police clearance certificate but they are just waiting for some kinda clearance from Washington, DC ... and they refused him to give any more info on that by telling its confidential ....

Other thing I got to know today that other person who got married to USC ... I knew him from school days ... he did DCF too ... got his interview I guess 3 months ago ...and he is having the same problem .... Some kinda clearance from Washington, Dc ... so I don't even know if its admin review or something else ... well it looks to me like admin review ... I hope they get this clearance soon enough .... Whats ur situation right now ?

Comment

no i dont think ur friends is admin review.. if they did DCF, which is so quick to get the interview, and the embassy has to cable to usa for the fbi checks etc. as you know im sure nothing moves fast in india.. (hahahah).. my situation is mumbai embassy said they wanted clearance from delhi as spouse previously denied a tourist visa (i assume) this is why they want clearance, but who knows.. they told washington i was on admin review, they never told us that.. your friend can also contact bureau of consular affairs in washington, which is also in the same bldg that does the fbi checks and find out the status of his clearance... i would suggest that b/c the embassy will never give out the correct time frame or real true answer...

Comment

Ok update on my Admin Review. I recieved an e-mail from a lady in the Indian affairs office and she told me that due to the continuing resolution of the government that the Consulates and Embassies haven't been working on the cases. I don't have any idea why the continuing resolution has anything to do with it as the government continued to work during this time, I know we did. It's another excuse for being lazy and not pushing through these pending files as far as I can see. There has not been a work stoppage due to not having a budget passed. She told me that Mumbai told her that it could be another 5-6 months because of this. So just FYI for everyone out there this has set everyone back quite a bit.

Comment

Thanks Julie,

I did DCF too but nothing sort of that happened .... Well who knows Mumbai consulate? Right? Her wife called bureau of consular affairs in Washington too. But no use .... They both are frustrated.... She is thinking of hiring a lawyer....

Thanks a lot for your inputs...Pasha

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed