Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INS interview

I previous wrote a message about myself and my husband's case. We had an adjust of status in progress and he was picked up for working with false ID but he wasn't being allowed to go in front of a judge because he entered on the Visa Waiver and overstayed before we were married. Anyway we had filed a civil suit and we just found out that we won, and our interview should be held next week sometime.

What can I expect at this interview?? Do you think they are going to be a lot harsher because of the civil suit?? Any info would a great deal of help. Thank you

I previous wrote a message about myself and my husband's case. We had an adjust of status in progress and he was picked up for working with false ID but he wasn't being allowed to go in front of a judge because he entered on the Visa Waiver and overstayed before we were married. Anyway we had filed a civil suit and we just found out that we won, and our interview should be held next week sometime.

What can I expect at this interview?? Do you think they are going to be a lot harsher because of the civil suit?? Any info would a great deal of help. Thank you

Comment

Congratulations to you and your husband. I wish I could help answer your guestion, but I have never experienced it, so that is why I am bumping this thread up for you.

I want to wish you both the best of luck and you will be in my prayers!

God Bless!

Comment

Immigration officers are very professional, they will not be upset with you or your husband because of this Law Suit.
        Still they can involve him in some legal technacalities, as such I would suggest you and your husband should hire a good Immigration Attorney. You need not worry. In Immigration they have Waiver for almost every situation.
        Good luck

Comment

Thanks everybody for the advice. What kind of questions should I expect? I have a feeling that they will probably interview us seperately. Does this happen often??

I do a an attorney going with us, what can the attorney do in the interview?

Comment

Hi. I can't really tell you exactly what it will be like. From the stories I have heard things vary a lot. I know that somewhere on ilw there is a posting with questions they ask in interviews to confirm the validity of marriage.

On the other hand, my interview was NOTHING like what I expected. I basically consisted of going to a teller type window a couple of different times and turning in a couple documents and answering some of the vaguest questions I have ever heard in my life. I was pretty disapppointed as I feel that good people should be let in and terrorists and other people who might do us harm should be kept out... I just didn't feel like our interview was conducive to this at all.

Oh well.

My only tip is better safe then sorry, bring a couple things that you think they might want or might emphasize points - i.e. documentation from previous contact with immigration, photos, any sort of evidence that might be necessary... you might not need it, but it can't hurt. Put it in a couple organized folders so that you can find them and show things quickly if need be.

Let us know how your interview goes. I wish you the very best of luck!

Comment

With our interview (this is marriage based), it was pretty simple, the went over with the application itself. He asked for ID, Passport, EAD and SSC, finger print and swore to tell the truth. He asked us questions regarding committing crimes --- etc (those questions answered yes/no in the application). Then he asked us how we met, when did we start living together. Questions for marriage validity. We brought some pictures too -- just in case, but he didn't look for it. I heard that that sometimes they do look at it.

Hope this helps

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed