Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of good moral character

In my citizenship interview i had given a false statement about an incident that occured more than 10 years ago. to my understanding all was cleared up, and i did'ent mean to lie. The officer accused me of Lack Of Good moral Character. What should I do??

In my citizenship interview i had given a false statement about an incident that occured more than 10 years ago. to my understanding all was cleared up, and i did'ent mean to lie. The officer accused me of Lack Of Good moral Character. What should I do??

Comment

you should always been up front with them
      like you i went to my interview and i did disclose my arrest for a simple dui (i put in on the n400 form and disclose it with the ins agent)
      i told ythe agent that i did regret what i did
      and she was very sympathetic to my cause she said that she was going to recomend me
      so farvi/m still waitinf for a final decision and a date to take the oath
      i will has been 4 month i a couple of days and i'm hoping to hear from them

botom line dont lie to the ins

Comment

true i should have not lied. But what should i do now??

Comment

Hi Ron was a decision made on your N-400 on the same day at your interview? Were you given an n-14 letter? If they deny your application,you can appeal the decision,but you would have to prove a Good moral character by telling them the truth,and submitting whatever documents you have.Goodluck.

Comment

Ron from Buffalo?!

Comment

thnks for all ur reply, my application was rejected more than 8 months ago, now it is too late to appeal. Should I resubmit my N-400 application, the INS officer had told me that i should wait 5 years to clear my bad moral character, Is this true??

Comment

You should have appealed soon after,you will now have to wait for the five year period.Try talking to an Attorney.

Comment

Others should take this case into consideration when dealing with the INS. Never lie to them; often they already know the answer and are setting you up to see if you will lie to them. Kind of like when a person skips school and then gets home only to have a parent say "How was school today?" It is a trap waiting to spring... If this person had been honest, they may not have been subject to a 5 year ban...

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation