Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SS#

I have a I-485 pending for my stepson and his Dad.My husband has received his EAD and has a ss#. My stepson does not have a ss# because of this I have not been able to add him as a beneficiary on my health insurance. Can I go to the Social Security Office and request a number or do I have to get some sort of paper work from the INS before the card is issued. Thanks for the help

I have a I-485 pending for my stepson and his Dad.My husband has received his EAD and has a ss#. My stepson does not have a ss# because of this I have not been able to add him as a beneficiary on my health insurance. Can I go to the Social Security Office and request a number or do I have to get some sort of paper work from the INS before the card is issued. Thanks for the help

Comment

It depends how old is your stepson. If he is under 14 years of age, he will not be issued EAD. In this regard, you should consult the local Immigration office or seek assistance from some Immigration Attorney.
      I think, you can get ITIN from IRS and us that temporary number instead of SSN. I am not sure about this but you should check with your office.
      Good luck.

Comment

An ITIN is for tax reporting purposes only and cannot be substituted for an SSN in any way. Our health insurance company will not accept an ITIN, it must be a valid SSN. I'd get professional advice on this one. Good luck.

Comment

Come on, Linda, Umesh, we've no time for immigration matters now, let's discuss about the war, immediately!

Comment

you do not need a ssn for insurance- my husband's insurance (UNITED) did not ask for it when we added my daughter when she got here.we just told them that we still do not have it. they gave her a number instead.

Comment

I just don't get you people, you're illegally here and cannot work and you want to pay for insurance??? Why don't you better go to Emergency Departments, and pay nothing? Take A Look Here:

http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums?a=...1&m=6516038702

Comment

Where did she say that they're here illegaly? Also some people still have integrity instead of just leeching off the system.

Comment

Thanks for the help. Just for the record I am an american citizen, my husband and my stepson did not enter the country illegally. I just wanted to let you guys know I think you guys are so helpful and God bless you.

As for the war,let's go back to Nov 2000 to Jan 2001 remember how divided this nation was about the General Elections? Now let's move on to March 2003 the world is now divided because of this war. As long as the present President of the United States is in the White House the world and the country will be divided. The general elections of 2000 was just an indication of what his "LEGACY" would be, chaos and division.

Comment

My intentions are to help you with true information. I received a permit to work after my application for it had been pending with INS for more than 90 days. At my local office here in Atlanta, GA., I meet this couple and their 2 year old daughter, they were there to pick up their EAD's too, including one for their daughter. When the woman told me she was there to get her childs EAD I was surprised by it and of course I told her she did not need one for her kid and so I asked her why she had bothered to even spend more money on applying for it, I asked a smart question to her, I said, How is she gonna work? and she responded to me like this, she is not going to work Sir, she is gonna have to have a SSN to receive medicaid or any other type of health insurance in this country so that's why she is getting a permit to work. I truely hope this helps you and if you need to apply for an EAD for your step son, don't hesitate, go ahead...... Good luck to ya!!!

Comment

Did you apply for your stepson's EAD. If you had then you can enquire from the Immigration, why it is not issued or what is the status of that application.
                      Good luck

Comment

My stepson is 11 years old, it never even dawned on me that we could have applied for an EAD card for him. I am going to my local INS office sometime next week and find out what's the best way to go about this. I will keep you guys informed. Thanks so much for the help. I am always on this site and I have learnt so much over the past year.

Comment

You are still apply for his EAD. Just send Form I-765 alongwith 2 photographs of your stepson, $120.00 money order and copy of receipt Notice to the Immigration for EAD for your stepson.
                          Good luck.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed