Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V Visa

I came to the US in H1B. never worked. It expired last year and I got transfered to another company for 3 more years. my I-94 expires in 2005.I had worked illegally for 5, 6 months during the first H1B. My husband has filed I 130 for me(before I came here) and I can apply for V visa in this september. Also my husband will be eligible to apply for citizenship in this September. My question is, which way is safe and fast for us.
    a) If v visa, then should I apply here or in our home country
    or
    b) wait until he become a citizen and apply for a I -485

Could you please give me an idea about how long should I wait to visit my parents.

Thank You,

Aswini

I came to the US in H1B. never worked. It expired last year and I got transfered to another company for 3 more years. my I-94 expires in 2005.I had worked illegally for 5, 6 months during the first H1B. My husband has filed I 130 for me(before I came here) and I can apply for V visa in this september. Also my husband will be eligible to apply for citizenship in this September. My question is, which way is safe and fast for us.
    a) If v visa, then should I apply here or in our home country
    or
    b) wait until he become a citizen and apply for a I -485

Could you please give me an idea about how long should I wait to visit my parents.

Thank You,

Aswini

Comment

Since your I-94 is valid till 2005, then you should not worry about anything. You know your husband can apply 90 days prior to his 3rd or 5th anniversary of GC/AOS. It will be better for you to wait for him to become a USC then he can send a letter with copy of Naturalization Certificate to Immigration to upgrade your petition. Then your category will be changed from B-2 to IR1 and you will be able to adjust your status here.
      Good luck.

Comment

Thank you Umesh. Is there anyway I can visit my home country while waiting for GC?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation