Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cuban-venezuelan

I am a Venezuelan citizen, 23 years old. My mother was born in Venezuela from Cuban parents, ands inscribed in the Cuban embassy as Cuban. When she introduced her application under the Cuban adjustment law, the lawyer told her I couldn't enter in the process because I was over 21 years.

However, if she's considered Cuban, by Cuban laws, I'm Cuban too, even when born in Venezuela. I'm currently on a Student Visa. Could I apply for the Cuban adjustment act on my own? Would immigration see me as a Cuban if my mother is Cuban (even if I was born in Venezuela?) If so, what forms do I need to fill?

Thank you very much,
    C

I believe it's going to depend greatly on what your birth certificate says. If you were born in Venezuela, with a Venezuelan birth certificate, BCIS will, no doubt, consider you Venezuelan. It's no different than a child born in the US to immigrant parents being a US citizen - it's the country of your birth.

My fiance is Cuban, living in Cuba, how long did it take for your mother's paperwork under the Cuban Adjustment Act?

Comment

You would need to argue that you have no ties or the ability to reenter Venezuela. Do you have a Cuban passport?

mmorales@myronmorales.com

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed