X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone who can help us?

Hello,

I am trying to get with my wife into the States. But the Government wouldn let us in. We don't know why.
    We are living in Germany and we are Germany citizen and I have an american father, uncle and sister who are born and raised in the US. OK. I have found them last year in November after 20 years of searching. My dad and me getting a DNA test and he is now in my birth certificate. We want to spent the next couble of years together, so we have time we never had, because my dad has already two heart attacks and is wearing now a pace maker and we all don't know how much years he has to live.
    We were been at the INS and they told us if I have an american father I am automalically an american citizen, but I need a DNA test and a birth certificate of me that shows my dad in it.
    After I've sent all forms to the INS they told me I am to old, means over 21 and it is impossible to become an american citizen.
    But I can have quick a Visa or Work Permit for me and my wife for living with my dad. AND now the same story. I am to old to get a Visa through a relative, means my dad. I don't know what else we can do. If anyone has an idea, please wrote me. Every idea is welcome.

Mail is Distl@web.de

Thank you for taking your time.

Regards

Ralf

Hello,

I am trying to get with my wife into the States. But the Government wouldn let us in. We don't know why.
    We are living in Germany and we are Germany citizen and I have an american father, uncle and sister who are born and raised in the US. OK. I have found them last year in November after 20 years of searching. My dad and me getting a DNA test and he is now in my birth certificate. We want to spent the next couble of years together, so we have time we never had, because my dad has already two heart attacks and is wearing now a pace maker and we all don't know how much years he has to live.
    We were been at the INS and they told us if I have an american father I am automalically an american citizen, but I need a DNA test and a birth certificate of me that shows my dad in it.
    After I've sent all forms to the INS they told me I am to old, means over 21 and it is impossible to become an american citizen.
    But I can have quick a Visa or Work Permit for me and my wife for living with my dad. AND now the same story. I am to old to get a Visa through a relative, means my dad. I don't know what else we can do. If anyone has an idea, please wrote me. Every idea is welcome.

Mail is Distl@web.de

Thank you for taking your time.

Regards

Ralf

Comment

Talk to an american immigration lawyer and see what can be done. If your dad is american, you are american...I think.

Comment

Hi,

No-one is too old to have a visa for inmigration:

If your Dad submit a petition for you, you will be on the category F3: "Married Sons and Daughters of Citizens". If one of your sisters or brothers does it then you will be on category F4.

You could go with one of those options, but they are working with petitions submitted on 96 and 90 resp. though it may take you a while until your case become available.

If someone has a better option or idea (additional to contacting a good Inmigration Lawyer) please indicate...

Hope you get a solution that works fast.

Good luck

Comment

camilaf is right - F3 or F4 is the way to go - but please do find an attorney to help, since it seems you cannot waste any time - maybe an attorney can help speed up the process - ich wunsche ihnen viel gluck!

Comment

When the INS officer told you that you are "too old", he probably meant that you're over 21, hence cannot obtain a immigrant visa immediately. Like the others said, you'll have to go through the process of waiting for a visa number to be available to you.

Comment

Another chance would be to apply for the diversity lottery. You might get lucky! The deadline is Nov 6. I think German nationals are eligible.

Comment

Have you thought about a work visa? It wouldn't matter which of you obtained it, you or your wife. Why not look into this option?

Has anyone else any input into this? Please add.

All my best

Comment

Just curious...which papers did you send to the INS?

Has your dad filed an I-130 9Petition for Alien Relative) on your behalf?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation