X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infor for People who file for Mumbai and are waiting for packet # 3

Hey Everyone,
    I wanted to let u guys know that for people who are waiting for packet three and if they have there husband or fiance in USA. The husband or Fiance in USA can fill out certain forms that are offered on line and send then to there spouses or fieances in India before they get to the embassy to pick up the packet. What I am trying to say is that DS-156 is in Packet 3 for K Visa people and also On the New-Delhi Website they said Of-179. This OF-179 is the same as the DS-230 form Part I only is used. Fo for people who want to give there spouses and fieances ahead start for packet #3 stuff you can get the DS-230 form and fill it out and then like e-mail it and the other person in India can fill it out. Also to let u know please get the DS-230 from the New-Delhi Embassy becuase it is also the latest form and is the same as the one offered at DepartMent of state except in the Department of state form the lines asking for information about people in USA the cursor does not drop or when you press enter it does not drop to the next line. But with the DS-230 form on New-Delhi website you can fill the form out with noo problem.

Here is the link. I checked the form numbers and they are new.

http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/wwwhivapdp.html

P.S. the link that says Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration is PArt one of DS-230 and then the second link is Part 2. I thought I would help everyone out since this website has given me good information on understanding the Immigration laws and helped me stay ahead on all documents to fill out and how to fill them out properly. ALso the reason why I am using New-Delhi for infor on K Visa becuase Mumbai Embassy does not post much info on K Visa as much they do on Immigrant Visa.

Thanks

Vpatel

P.S. Please let me know if I have said anything wrong or if this information was useful. Please post replies.

Hey Everyone,
    I wanted to let u guys know that for people who are waiting for packet three and if they have there husband or fiance in USA. The husband or Fiance in USA can fill out certain forms that are offered on line and send then to there spouses or fieances in India before they get to the embassy to pick up the packet. What I am trying to say is that DS-156 is in Packet 3 for K Visa people and also On the New-Delhi Website they said Of-179. This OF-179 is the same as the DS-230 form Part I only is used. Fo for people who want to give there spouses and fieances ahead start for packet #3 stuff you can get the DS-230 form and fill it out and then like e-mail it and the other person in India can fill it out. Also to let u know please get the DS-230 from the New-Delhi Embassy becuase it is also the latest form and is the same as the one offered at DepartMent of state except in the Department of state form the lines asking for information about people in USA the cursor does not drop or when you press enter it does not drop to the next line. But with the DS-230 form on New-Delhi website you can fill the form out with noo problem.

Here is the link. I checked the form numbers and they are new.

http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/wwwhivapdp.html

P.S. the link that says Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration is PArt one of DS-230 and then the second link is Part 2. I thought I would help everyone out since this website has given me good information on understanding the Immigration laws and helped me stay ahead on all documents to fill out and how to fill them out properly. ALso the reason why I am using New-Delhi for infor on K Visa becuase Mumbai Embassy does not post much info on K Visa as much they do on Immigrant Visa.

Thanks

Vpatel

P.S. Please let me know if I have said anything wrong or if this information was useful. Please post replies.

Comment

hey Vpatel, thank you I'm here in usa and my wife is waiting for the packet3. so you sure DS-156 is the only one required. I can download from the website and email to her. also do we need to send it to same address...licoln house..bholabhai desai road, mumbai. or some place else. what else do i need to send in with this. thanks alot for your help

Comment

Hey Ajnabi,
        Ok first of all if you have filed K Visa these are the forms you can fill out and send to her in e-mail. Since the Mumbai Website does not give information much about K Visa I went to the New Delhi website and read what forms are given. And the OF-179 form which is called the Bio Data form is the same as form DS-230. So your wife if you have filed K3 visa will need to fill out the DS-230 form. Please get the form from the New-Delhi site since Mumbai does not have it on there website. See My fieance told me in her packet for K1 she got DS-230 for Bio Data to fill out and DS-156 and a checklist and also a medial paper telling her like where she can get medical and how much does it cost for medical and how much are the visa fees. So Ajnabi you can fill out the DS-230 from the USA and e-mail it to her to print it out and also fill out the DS-156 form and e-mail her that one too. She will need to get photographs done from the location of the studio the mumbai people give. Becuase mumbai is picky on the size of the photo that needs to be taken that goes with DS-156. And the Embassy people on the phone told my fieance it is best if they come and pick up the packet and drop it off. They told my fieance since she lives in Ahmedabad that if she had a family member in Mumbai that her family member in Mumbai can come and pick up packet #3 from the information windows as long as the person picking up the packet has the BMB number. So to make the long story short. You will need to fill out DS-230. Now I think if you have K3 you will need to fill out part 1 and Part 2. They only gave my fieance part I to fill out. ButI think it is clear now that the Bio data form that is called OF-179 is now called DS-230. And also DS-156 is needed . Your wife will be giving back DS-230 and DS-156 to the embassy people to start her process so they can start and try to get her interview date scheduleed. I am not sure if she will be asked for anything else. But I know Bio Data and DS-156 are needed to be given to the Embassy in order to get interview date from the embassy. That is when ever the embassy people give the interview date. If I have said anything wrong please some one correct me. I am only trying to help everyone.
        Thanks,
        Vpatel
        P.S. Please make sure if your fieance or wife is going to the Mumbai embassy. They clearly state to print all document front and back. So if you have 2 pages do not give them 2 seperate pages but one page with both sides printed on. The same goes for the DS-230. I think this way they do not lose papers since it is all on one page. But it is a good habit to print all form back and front. Please post comments and replies.

Comment

Hey Ajnabi,
          Do not send the filled out forms you do from USA. Have your wife print them out and then send them when she either gets the packet in the mail or she needs to drop them off with her present to the embassy. But do nto send from USA to India. I think that might create a problem.

Comment

Hey Ajnabi,
            I got one more piece of information for you. I just looked and saw your post mad eon Nov 10th. Do not send any I mean any of your evidence like bank letters, affadavit of support, and all that stuff with packet #3. All you turn in is the DS-230 or Bio Data form and DS-156 and any other form they give you. The Check list given to you is for you to hold on to so you know what to bring with you to the interview. If you give any of your evidence do the people with Packet #3 return you will only make thing worser and delay your self. This is what had happen to Julie case and Julie has also stressed that only send the forms they send you in Packet #3 back and hold all other documents and evidence and photos, bills and all affadavit of support and all hold that for the interview day. I hope I cleared the other question you had on the post you made on November 10th,
            Thanks,
            Vpatel
            P.S. Please reply back.

Comment

thanks Vpatel, this really helps. what i did is downloaded the form and filled it out with my wife on the phone and mailed it to her in india. all she gotta do is sign the DS-156 and DS-230 and mail it in to consulate office. Also 2 passport size pictures. I hope to get interview soon.
              Thanks.

Comment

Hey Ajnabi,
                Please make sure you have send to her 2front and back copies of DS-156. And your wife has to sign the DS-156 and the DS-230 and she has to turn them in.
                Vpatel
                P.S. Your wife has to get her photos taken at the photo studio that the Embassy tells her to get it done at. They ask for 3 not 2 photographs. There are new size of photo rules and regulations.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation