Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DV - 2004 Ambiguous instructions

On the official instructions in the State Department's website, children can be included in the application if they're under 21 and unmarried. HOWEVER, in the section describing the required photographs - photos of ALL children are needed. I'm pretty sure they mean all children included in the application, but it just says "all children."

Can anyone confirm which photos exactly need to be attached?

Thanks.

On the official instructions in the State Department's website, children can be included in the application if they're under 21 and unmarried. HOWEVER, in the section describing the required photographs - photos of ALL children are needed. I'm pretty sure they mean all children included in the application, but it just says "all children."

Can anyone confirm which photos exactly need to be attached?

Thanks.

Comment

The DV 2004 instructions about inclusion of data on your children, that you refered to in the above, pertains to all of your children.

In the lucky event, that you win the lottery, get issued an immigrant visa and some-day attain to US citizenship. You might decide then, to file I-130s for your adult and unmarried children who are above the age of 21.

Thus the DOS wants to know who all your children are right now and not just those that will be accompanying you to you the US in event that you win the lottery and get issued an immigrant visa.

Comment

Accept my apologies! You may be right and the photos required might only be those of your accompanying under 21 children.

However, to be on the safe side, as well as to avoid a future disqualification by either the DOS or INS, when applying for a DV visa. I suggest that you stay on the side side and submit photos of all your children.

This way no one can say later that you concealed relevant information.

My advice isn't expert legal opinion however, so feel free to consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation