Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help!!! Consular "THINKS" I-212 & I-601

I will try and make this as short as possible. K-3 is waiting for me, all approved BUT now they decide that I need an I-212 & I-601,Consular Office just called me about it, not in writing. My I-212 was filed in April, 2002 in California, they sent it "somewhere", just call yesterday and they said now they "THINK" it is in Las Vegas since that is where I was deported from. I don't know what do to, have tried many many times to contact LV about I-212, no respond, call, certified letters and etc. Shouldn't they put this in writing for me? Also why do I have to pay again for I-212 if I paid already? They don't seem to care at the Consular's Office, just file a "NEW ONE" I am so confused. I am in an extreme hardship, my wife which is an USC is very very sick for 13 years.. I had one of those attorney's that you don't want to hear about, just like everyone else, he didn't file my marriage license in 1998 so here I thought I was married legal, and then I was picked up for not being married and out of status. Paid him $ 4000.00 dollars for all of his wondersful work.

I will try and make this as short as possible. K-3 is waiting for me, all approved BUT now they decide that I need an I-212 & I-601,Consular Office just called me about it, not in writing. My I-212 was filed in April, 2002 in California, they sent it "somewhere", just call yesterday and they said now they "THINK" it is in Las Vegas since that is where I was deported from. I don't know what do to, have tried many many times to contact LV about I-212, no respond, call, certified letters and etc. Shouldn't they put this in writing for me? Also why do I have to pay again for I-212 if I paid already? They don't seem to care at the Consular's Office, just file a "NEW ONE" I am so confused. I am in an extreme hardship, my wife which is an USC is very very sick for 13 years.. I had one of those attorney's that you don't want to hear about, just like everyone else, he didn't file my marriage license in 1998 so here I thought I was married legal, and then I was picked up for not being married and out of status. Paid him $ 4000.00 dollars for all of his wondersful work.

Comment

I need to add to this message. Isn't is strange that the Consular's Office would process your complete file, give you an interview, make you pay for your K-3 Visa, have you get a medical and ex-ray. Get all of your paper work in order, ask you to get an I-134 and get a co-sponsor. Then ask for the I-212 that wasn't in the file at the get go. My I-129F will expire in Sept. 2003. By the time I have to wait for an I-212 to process again I will have to have all my paper work redone, get a new I-129F. Get the check and re-check, we know how long that takes. Is there anything else I forgot. Please does anyone have any ideas on this subject. I am hoping maybe I can file a Humanitarian Parole for 1 year.

Comment

You can try for Humanitranian Parole but the chances are nil. Since you are in a helpless situation, it is better for you to do what Consular office is asking you to do. File Waivers again asap.
        Good luck.

Comment

Have you tried asking someone at the embassy ? I believe that the approved 129F can be extended by the petioner with a simple letter saying that you have the same intentions... from what I understand you can do this multiple times as needed to prepare any other forms you need processed.

I am not possitive on the length of time it takes to process a I-212 for in my situation I have to file a 601 and was given an oppertunity to extend the approved 129F with just a simple note... or at least I hope its that simple for I havent heard word back yet from the embassy.

It is also my understanding that you have to go threw the entire process in order for the wavier to be known that it is needed. Mind you I am a rookie at all of this and I wouldnt be in the situation I am right now if I was a lawyer myself... I am just your average everday "Joe" that believed marriage would take care of everything... was I ever wrong, but who knew ??

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation