Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elligible employment with EAD

I know that there is the Equal Employment Opportunity Act that allows for employment without descrimination based on several factors including nationality.

My wife got her EAD and is awaiting her interview.

She also plans on joing the Nursing corps with the Army.

We are wondering if there is any problems that may arise.
    She has an meeting with her recruiter this Wednesday and they say if all goes well she will be living for traing soon.(6 months)

She had earlier made her applications to the Nation Guard who processed her paperwork and accepted her although they asked her to present her GC to them soon as she gets it.

Please any lawyer with Military and Immigration experience please advice. If need be we may need a lawyer for her so please give some contact information.

P.s. I wonder whether the BCIS interview will be affected by her absence. It will be a hard without her around but I intend to follow up on that and keep her posted.

I know that there is the Equal Employment Opportunity Act that allows for employment without descrimination based on several factors including nationality.

My wife got her EAD and is awaiting her interview.

She also plans on joing the Nursing corps with the Army.

We are wondering if there is any problems that may arise.
    She has an meeting with her recruiter this Wednesday and they say if all goes well she will be living for traing soon.(6 months)

She had earlier made her applications to the Nation Guard who processed her paperwork and accepted her although they asked her to present her GC to them soon as she gets it.

Please any lawyer with Military and Immigration experience please advice. If need be we may need a lawyer for her so please give some contact information.

P.s. I wonder whether the BCIS interview will be affected by her absence. It will be a hard without her around but I intend to follow up on that and keep her posted.

Comment

UMESH. MOHAN, SAMMY

I think ilw would not be here without the three of you and maybe some few others.

Please help us. I atleast need some opinions that would help build our confidence in the matter.

Comment

Not a lawyer - but my husband has been working with his EAD for two years now at the same law firm. Twice he has had to get it renewed given the slowness of the process; the HR person justs asks him to show the new card each time it gets renewed and she takes a copy for the firm's file. He has not encountered discrimination on the subject although they do seem eager to ensure he is still in good status with the INS to protect their legal standing.

Best of luck to you and your wife.

Comment

I'm sure they based her skills and experience, not by races and colour. I wish you good luck. I'm also on the way of hunting the jobs now. Hopefully I will get one soon. May be only after went for interviews then I will know what are they based for.

Comment

Thanks Lurker and Me2.

Additional advise is sort.
            The interview date amy clash with her traing. I wonder if BCIS will postpond the interview in light of her absence due to traing.

Comment

Well, you have to know, everyone wanted to get over with interview and to postpone it will take longer time to approve your case. But its all up to you, which do you think the priority? The training or the interview with BCIS? If you can answer that, then you know the answer By the way there is always solution to any problem. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks Me2,

My actual question is whether BCIS will have a problem with my wife joining the Army with her EAD and having to postpond her interview due to her training.
                I hear the Army is so strict that she will not be allowed to interrupt her traing for anything.

Please someone with some know respond.

Thank you to all that give their time to help.

Comment

Markg,

How do you know that the army wouldn't give time for your wife to go for interview? They will understand how important that 'interview' to you and to your wife. Should try first, you will never know if you never try. Show her supervisor the interview letter as supporting documents when she ready to take leave. Don't do it at the last minute, normally she will get at least one month in advance about the interview date from BCIS.

Hmm...about whether army allow her to work with EAD, as far as I know, EAD means you are authorize to work and it seems the army accept that. So of course she is legal to work and there is nothing wrong with it. Other guys who has the experience pls reply too.

I'm not a lawyer, act accordingly.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed