Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-601

I enter the US on a visitor's visa then I got married with my fiance. I filed I-485 and I had my interview on July 2002 but then we find out that my passport was stamped with NO AOS/NO COS which means no Adjustment of Status or Change of Status so we filed for I-601 which is the Waiver. I mailed the I-601 on August 7, 2002 but I haven't received any Acknowledgement Receipt until now though I have my receipt from the Post Office because I send it by Certified Mail. How would I know the status of my application? I even wrote a follow up letter on December 2002 but I got no reply. What's the best thing to do?

I enter the US on a visitor's visa then I got married with my fiance. I filed I-485 and I had my interview on July 2002 but then we find out that my passport was stamped with NO AOS/NO COS which means no Adjustment of Status or Change of Status so we filed for I-601 which is the Waiver. I mailed the I-601 on August 7, 2002 but I haven't received any Acknowledgement Receipt until now though I have my receipt from the Post Office because I send it by Certified Mail. How would I know the status of my application? I even wrote a follow up letter on December 2002 but I got no reply. What's the best thing to do?

Comment

when do they acknowledge having received it?

Comment

aquarius

why did you sent a waiver ?? usually when the AOS is denied they sent you a letter after the interview to let you know that you need one..did the INS tell you that ??? and why ???

Comment

They received it on Aug. 08, 2002 based on the return receipt that I have. They never send me a word about it until now. It's a good thing I posted it by Certified Mail otherwise I would not know if they got it or not.

Comment

I send a waiver because the Immigration Officer told me to accomplish the I-601 and mail it back to them. I'm just wondering why they did not send me any letter and also a receipt for the application fee I paid for. So, it's almost 7 months since I filed the I-601. Normally, how long is the processing time for this? My work permit expired already so I renewed it since I don't have my temporary green card yet.

Comment

I think the processing time varies somewhat according to the processing center. Mine will be processed at an embassy, but they told me that the average processing time is about a year, but sometimes takes longer, and that I should therefore expect to wait about a year to a year and a half to hear a response.

Hope this is somewhat helpful!

Comment

Thanks for your info. I went to the INS Sub Office today to renew my EAD. I inquire about the status of my application and they told me that I have to wait ten weeks from now. So, the processing time is quite fast. It takes less than a year since I filed it on Aug. 2002.

Comment

just curious where did you file your waiver?

Comment

I filed the waiver at San Jose, CA.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs