Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exiting US

If someone has overstayed here for several years and decided to leave the US, will there be a record kept here as to when he/she departs US?

If someone has overstayed here for several years and decided to leave the US, will there be a record kept here as to when he/she departs US?

Comment

Continue wiht the above post::
      Should he/she pretend to "lost" the I94 card when departing? is there any consequences for not handing the I-94 card?

Comment

there should be an electronic record.they will know .tha airline will not say anything to the person leaving but when they try to come into the US they will poitely tell the person they overstayed and will be sent back

Comment

My husband and I left the States to go to his home country and we where told when he came what date he left. He was denied his visa and is now in I-601 waiver process. He is now under 10 year bar. I left to come back home due to pregnancy (I had become very ill).The consulate was very clear in letting him know that he was lucky to have just left and not been deported which would be better for his case.He also let us know that in his feelings that a few years ago some people have slipped through the cracks.
          Im speaking of after the overstay laws where put in place in 1997, but since "the 11th" a tight control has been put on these kind of cases. Which is good for America but is awful for me and my premature son.

Comment

can i ask if you drive and cross the border into another country how would anyone know when you crossed if they don't ask for ID?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation