X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i485 filing and Sevice centers/Field offices

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how/where I485 filing papers go? I've heard that field offices will process I485 package, then again I've heard it will need to go to the service centers (then I hear field offices will take only certain papers). I'm just wondering how long in general to expect the long wait to be once I file the I485. Thanks!

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how/where I485 filing papers go? I've heard that field offices will process I485 package, then again I've heard it will need to go to the service centers (then I hear field offices will take only certain papers). I'm just wondering how long in general to expect the long wait to be once I file the I485. Thanks!

Comment

I-485 are processed at the Service Center and if everything is OK,that means no RFEs, you might get your GC in less than a year.

Comment

what's RFE?

Comment

RFE means request for further information. Bugsy is right, your application is better off at the service center becuase field ofices will send it to them anyway.

Comment

You can find the address of where to send it on the application instructions.

Comment

I would like to add a situation connected to this topic. We received our 1-485 priority date on August 2001, and until now we haven't received any letters or hear any development from INS regarding finger printing. Though we do have EAD, it is still better if are immigrants already, since we have kids, one is now studying and one was born here. We have freinds here from same country, sponsored by a certain IT firm, arrived at almost the same time, we are about a month ahead in receiving I-485, but they are alreedy immigrants less than three months ago. So what do you think happened to our papers?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation