Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help establishing citizenship through naturalized parents

I'm in a big mess .. My parents came to US in 1952.. I was 1 1/2 yrs old..Only papers I have are my fathers naturalization certificate. Went to apply for passport.. Told I need mothers marriage certificate and proof of my entry to Us..Where doI obtain the necessary old passport and visa applications or naturalization applications for my parents from Germany..Please help

I'm in a big mess .. My parents came to US in 1952.. I was 1 1/2 yrs old..Only papers I have are my fathers naturalization certificate. Went to apply for passport.. Told I need mothers marriage certificate and proof of my entry to Us..Where doI obtain the necessary old passport and visa applications or naturalization applications for my parents from Germany..Please help

Comment

I know of at least one very similar case such as yours (German minor brought by legal immigrants to the States in the late 50's), this person served and honorably discharged from the Air Force during the Vietnam war, and had even a U.S. passport during the service, but then she applied for a new passport in the 90's she was put into deportation proceedings, because she was not considered a U.S.C. Her removal was luckily chanceled and she was advised to adjust her status and apply for formal naturalization. Consult an attorney about the fact if you indeed have aquired U.S.C. via one of your parents. My guess is that if they both were aliens when they entered the U.S. in the 50's and naturalized later on, you're most likely not a U.S.C.

Good luck!

Comment

In case you can get old records then you should apply for AOS under Registry. Since you are here before 1971, you must have lot of proofs like school records, employment records etc.
        You can get old record from BCIS under Freedom of Information Act. Sometimes it takes lot of time.
        Good luck.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed