Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 status, owning buisness

Somebody please help!!!! This is my situation. I've been here for a few years on an F1 visa and I still am. I have a valid SS#,DL. And i know i can't work off campus. So i signed up with a company that does direct selling, u buy products at wholesale value and sell at retail price, make profit ... yada yada. The company already sent me my buisness number and everyhting else. They ran my SS # but didn't say anything. And of course I didn't priovide the info. So technicaly I'm not working for anyone, it's my own buisness.

Is it legal. Can i get the busted for this? When i do taxes do they ask to see SS # and do say say anything if it says unauthorized for employment w/out INS permission.

PLEASE PLEASE let me know anything
    thank

Somebody please help!!!! This is my situation. I've been here for a few years on an F1 visa and I still am. I have a valid SS#,DL. And i know i can't work off campus. So i signed up with a company that does direct selling, u buy products at wholesale value and sell at retail price, make profit ... yada yada. The company already sent me my buisness number and everyhting else. They ran my SS # but didn't say anything. And of course I didn't priovide the info. So technicaly I'm not working for anyone, it's my own buisness.

Is it legal. Can i get the busted for this? When i do taxes do they ask to see SS # and do say say anything if it says unauthorized for employment w/out INS permission.

PLEASE PLEASE let me know anything
    thank

Comment

Technically, you CAN own a business being on F-1. You CAN NOT, however, pay yourself a salary.

Comment

Become a corporation so you can "hide" yourself behind it.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation