Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• out of status?

My company sent me to open a subsidiary office.
    I came to the U.S. with my B1 visa. The U.S. subsidiary applied to change my status to L1, a few days before my B1 status expired. A few months passed, but my B1 expired. As I know, one is legal if s/he has a pending case e.g. change of status. But wat happens if the petiton will be denied? Am I supposed to be unlawful from the date my B1 expired? Or Will I have a few weeks to leave a country? What if I (my company) files for a motion to reopen? I have to think even for the worst case scenario, but I'd like maintain my legal status.
    please help. thank you.

My company sent me to open a subsidiary office.
    I came to the U.S. with my B1 visa. The U.S. subsidiary applied to change my status to L1, a few days before my B1 status expired. A few months passed, but my B1 expired. As I know, one is legal if s/he has a pending case e.g. change of status. But wat happens if the petiton will be denied? Am I supposed to be unlawful from the date my B1 expired? Or Will I have a few weeks to leave a country? What if I (my company) files for a motion to reopen? I have to think even for the worst case scenario, but I'd like maintain my legal status.
    please help. thank you.

Comment

If your case is denied you will be ordered to leave the country within a certain timeframe unless you appeal which will keep you in legal status.

http://www.immigrate2us.net

Comment

how do you appeal??
        what should you do and how fast after you are denied?

what if at the same time you are waiting for other change of status to be considered?
        i mean if you sent a few petitions before... and one is denied and one is still pending... are considered out of status after you get at least one "denied answer" or you can still wait for the other one?

thank you

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed