•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Married to USC. How to come back.?

Anybody with advice?

Here is short description of our problem:
    I entered USA legally on tourist visa on May 19, 2001. Later I applied for extension (Granted till May 19- 2002). On May 19, 2002 I haven' left the country. July 2002 I met USC , later we deicide to get married (real love). February 3-rd I went to INS to check what kind of paperwork we will have to go thru after marriage. On the same day at the INS office they arrest me for overstaying my visa and work without authorization from INS and put me in removal proceeding.. February 21 we got married as we planned. Then we discovered since I 'm in removal proceeding we cannot adjust status. So March 2003 we file only I-130 form. April 2003 judge granted Voluntary departure (somebody said this is the best way ) April 2003 I went back to Europe.

At this time we really don't know what to do. I still have Valid B1/2 visa in my passport and I would like to go back to my wife (USA). She's got hard times without me over there. We are in LOVE and would like to be together.
    We need somebody who can exactly tell us what we need to do.

Anybody with advice?

Here is short description of our problem:
    I entered USA legally on tourist visa on May 19, 2001. Later I applied for extension (Granted till May 19- 2002). On May 19, 2002 I haven' left the country. July 2002 I met USC , later we deicide to get married (real love). February 3-rd I went to INS to check what kind of paperwork we will have to go thru after marriage. On the same day at the INS office they arrest me for overstaying my visa and work without authorization from INS and put me in removal proceeding.. February 21 we got married as we planned. Then we discovered since I 'm in removal proceeding we cannot adjust status. So March 2003 we file only I-130 form. April 2003 judge granted Voluntary departure (somebody said this is the best way ) April 2003 I went back to Europe.

At this time we really don't know what to do. I still have Valid B1/2 visa in my passport and I would like to go back to my wife (USA). She's got hard times without me over there. We are in LOVE and would like to be together.
    We need somebody who can exactly tell us what we need to do.

Comment

Why don't your wife move in with you in Europe? If both of you really in love, being married to US citizen doesn't mean that they can't move out of their country.

Comment

) Voluntary Departure as a Period of Stay Authorized by the Attorney General. The Service has designated voluntary departure as a period of stay authorized by the Attorney General. However, any unlawful presence that accrued before the date the voluntary departure was actually granted is not eliminated. And, if the alien does not make a timely departure, the counting of unlawful presence resumes. Moreover, the alien becomes subject to civil penalties and is ineligible for any further voluntary departure or other forms of relief, such as adjustment of status, registry, and cancellation of removal.YOU DID NOT ACRRUED MORE THAN 180 DAYS OF UNLAWFUL PRESENCE. Have your husband petition for you and wait to be called by the US consulate for a immigrant visa interview.

Comment

To:GUEST
          She is in College and cannot leave the country at this time, we've been thinking about it , but at this time it will be better if I would be able to come back to US.

Comment

TO: Passingby
            It means we need to wait 1.5-2.5 years till I-130 will be approved? Can I come back before that date and wait for approval over there? I still have my valid B1/2 visa. It means I can get to Airport in US , what's INS action will be If I'll do that.???

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation