Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Wrong, you can NOT join US Military if you are illegally in the US. They will ask you your I-551 as soon as you go thru Military Enlistment Processing Station.

Only time you can join the military with illegal status is in case of DRAFT!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thank you for your help everyone!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thank you for your help eveyone!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I work for the feds as a contractor. In order to be a contractor, it is not necessary to be a citizen, but of course you don't get all the benefits of being a federal employee. The government is currently trying to contract out jobs seen as "not mission critical," which includes most support staff. Check with staffing agencies or call an agency you are interested in working for and ask which staffing agencies they use if you are interested.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    "jack" you can join the military even if you are an illegal alien.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The reason is you can't obtain a security clearance yet with LPR status. So you probably may get a job that doesn't require any level of security clearance.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    It should depend on the type of job that you are interested in. I would imagine that lower level jobs in most fields are open to LPR as well as citizen - however if you are interested in higher level jobs, or anything in the CIA, FBI, etc etc etc. you may have a more difficult time.

Good Luck

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    you can join the military.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I am a new permanent resident of the United States and have begun to look for job in the federal sector. All the jobs that I've seen so far seem to be open for citizens only though. Does anyone know if that is so with all government jobs? Is it possible for a permanent resident to get a federal job? Any tips or reply would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Alexa

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Possible to get federal job?

Possible to get federal job?

I am a new permanent resident of the United States and have begun to look for job in the federal sector. All the jobs that I've seen so far seem to be open for citizens only though. Does anyone know if that is so with all government jobs? Is it possible for a permanent resident to get a federal job? Any tips or reply would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Alexa
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney