X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-1 problem, suggestions greatly appreciated

hi,
    Right after finishing my OPT, I tied to go to a different school then the one I attended before, my OPT was finished on Oct 15th 01, and I applied to the university on Oct 24th, 01. i asked the university what I needed to do to so that my visa won't be in trouble. The guy at international admissions told me that I need to be accepted at school and they will talke care of the problem, I had good GPA so I went home worryfree, but on Jan 9th 02 I was told I need to get my records transferred from my previous school I knew nothing about this. At the last week of January only, I was told that I was out of status and I need to apply for reinstatement. I was so afraid, I just didn't know what to do. I haven't still applied for reinstatement. If I try to go back home and get visa again, the consular at my country is horrible. I really don't know what to do. My university didn't tell me anything and they are not willing to admit its their fault now. All they can do is they are willing to write that I applied to school at OCt 24th attended the school last semister and took full courses. Also, they will put the timeline when I checked with them and talked with them. What should I do??????I am in trouble.....

hi,
    Right after finishing my OPT, I tied to go to a different school then the one I attended before, my OPT was finished on Oct 15th 01, and I applied to the university on Oct 24th, 01. i asked the university what I needed to do to so that my visa won't be in trouble. The guy at international admissions told me that I need to be accepted at school and they will talke care of the problem, I had good GPA so I went home worryfree, but on Jan 9th 02 I was told I need to get my records transferred from my previous school I knew nothing about this. At the last week of January only, I was told that I was out of status and I need to apply for reinstatement. I was so afraid, I just didn't know what to do. I haven't still applied for reinstatement. If I try to go back home and get visa again, the consular at my country is horrible. I really don't know what to do. My university didn't tell me anything and they are not willing to admit its their fault now. All they can do is they are willing to write that I applied to school at OCt 24th attended the school last semister and took full courses. Also, they will put the timeline when I checked with them and talked with them. What should I do??????I am in trouble.....

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation