Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please answer

i have to travel to canada for family reasons. i'm on h1 but not actually working. i know that the company that sponsors my visa didn't cancel it with ins. is it too risky to travel? do they hassle you at the border? my i-94 is valid till may 2003

i have to travel to canada for family reasons. i'm on h1 but not actually working. i know that the company that sponsors my visa didn't cancel it with ins. is it too risky to travel? do they hassle you at the border? my i-94 is valid till may 2003

Comment

I think you will Visa to enter Canada. Only Green Cardholder or USC do not need Visa. You must check this, before you plan your visit to Canada.
      Good luck.

Comment

okay, but that should not be a problem. the problem might be returning to the us. how much do they hassle you when you return with a valid h1 visa? do they take your i-94 when you leave to canada? i once vacationed in mexico and they didn't take it then.

Comment

I wouldn't be too worried, you are still in legal status and therefore allowed to leave and reenter the country but please note that any immigrationofficer has the right to refuse you entry to the US even with a valid visa so there is always a risk.

If you have a planeticket that proves you will leave the US before the visa expires, than take it with you.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation