Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am sure you can help me! Thank you.

Hi , I am originally from Eastern Europe and I got my green-card on sept. 2001. My mother and my sister are back home but I would like very much to bring them over so we can live as a family in this wonderful land of opportunities.
    My question: how should I petition for them? Now as a green card holder or after I will get my citizenship? My sister is 14 years old now.
    Please present your thoughts of what do you think is the fastest route. Thank you

Hi , I am originally from Eastern Europe and I got my green-card on sept. 2001. My mother and my sister are back home but I would like very much to bring them over so we can live as a family in this wonderful land of opportunities.
    My question: how should I petition for them? Now as a green card holder or after I will get my citizenship? My sister is 14 years old now.
    Please present your thoughts of what do you think is the fastest route. Thank you

Comment

You can petiton for them after you become a citizen.

Comment

I am aware that after I will became a USC a can file and bring my mother over in matter of months. My concern is : Can I bring my sister at the same time or there is a 5-10 years waiting time in her case. Please someone with knoledge answer. Thank you

Comment

Currently there is an approximate 12+ year waiting time for the brother or sister of an American citizen to be granted an immigrant visa after a petition is filed and approved. There are only a very limited number of visas allowed each year in this category; hence the backlog. You can only file when you become a US citizen.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation