Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get canadian citizen ship?

Hallo everyone I'm going to get married with my girlfriend(USC).And she want to be canadian and US citizen.Anyone can tell us,if it is possible at all to have both citizenships and how she should start with this?
    btw her mother is full Canadian citizen.and how long is it going to take for procdure.And how long after that i culd become a canadian citizen?
    Appreciate the advise!!!!!

Hallo everyone I'm going to get married with my girlfriend(USC).And she want to be canadian and US citizen.Anyone can tell us,if it is possible at all to have both citizenships and how she should start with this?
    btw her mother is full Canadian citizen.and how long is it going to take for procdure.And how long after that i culd become a canadian citizen?
    Appreciate the advise!!!!!

Comment

i believe that if her mother is a canadian citizen then she is a canadian citizen already. She would just have to go through a few things for it to be recognized. Where are you from? In order for you to become a canadian citizen you must live in Canada for a certain amount of time. Not sure how long. But if you are planning to live in the U.S. with your spouse than you can not get canadian citizenship atleast that is what my fiance was told at the border. I am canadian and he is american and we asked because he also wants to be a canadian citizen but we would be living in the U.S. so it wasn't a possibility. That would be my advice is the next time she goes to see her mother that she ask one of the officers at the border and if they don't know then most likely they will look it up for her as they did for my fiance....Best of luck in finding out what you need to know. I'm not sure about this I am merely telling you what they told my fiance so it is best if you ask someone that can tell you for sure.

Comment

Canada's immigration laws are very similar to US immigration laws. You cannot just go and immigrate to Canada; you must qualify under their immigration rules. I belive that since you are an adult that will be a hinderance to your desire to become Canadian, Eh... It is also true that you need to live in Canada and stay there during the immigration process (which is not fast there either). But you can hold dual citizenships if you qualify to become a Canadian. I recommend that you search the web for 'Canadian Immigration' to find the specific answers to your questions. People on this board are dealing with US immigration not Canadian immigration. Good Luck...

Comment

Good advice Arqu

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs