X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed.

Hello,
    I have been married to a USC since 12/1999. We have a 3 year old child together. I am supposed to apply in 6 months time to remove the conditions on my green card. However, I don't think our marriage will last that long. In the event of a divorce, what is the possibility of me being able to obtain my permanent residency. My wife is willing to still help me. What are my chances? I wouldn't really care otherwise if a child wasn't involved.

Hello,
    I have been married to a USC since 12/1999. We have a 3 year old child together. I am supposed to apply in 6 months time to remove the conditions on my green card. However, I don't think our marriage will last that long. In the event of a divorce, what is the possibility of me being able to obtain my permanent residency. My wife is willing to still help me. What are my chances? I wouldn't really care otherwise if a child wasn't involved.

Comment

Well if i were you i'd think about the consequences.Because you do have something that like it or not bounds the two of you together for life and that's your baby. I want you to think about this because im speaking to you from personal experience <<How come if you were able to hang in there for that long you cant be there for 6 more months?>> Because millions of people here wishes they were in your shoes they would do whatever it takes to get their green cards. But have you tried to work things out? Whats the deal anyways? why dont you thing u can stay for that long? Plus urself u saying that she wants to help no matter what happends...Hum let me tell u this man ** I dont trust women** sorry ladies but you know once you got bitten by a snake if you see a warm you get scared and i know what im talking about so my best advice is watch out she may be saying that to get u when u will not be ready for it .Just like this saying that says the best person to get u first is ur close friend ........
      I hope i did not offended u and hope what i said did make sense.
      Be strong

Comment

I too am cynical of your dilemna. I think you need to think sharp. Try and at least give the impression that you are cut up about it and hopefully you can ease the situation for another 6 months.

Also the reality of it all is that you technically shouldn't have any problems anyway. If you can show that you entered into the marriage in good faith in the first place. You should be able to stay, but reality is another thing. Perhaps you might want to chat with a lawyer.

Like the old saying goes "keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer"

Good luck.

Comment

If you haven't already, you could try going to a marriage counselor during this time, and maybe afterwards, too.

Comment

Why divorce? Why not just separate? The INS accepts that while no actual divorce has been filed, then there is always the chance for reconciliation. Is it Chen V Bell? the INS precedent that allowed a GC even though the couple were speparated based on the fact that they could still reconcile.Its a long shot, but its only 6 months, does either of you need to remarry right away?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation