Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JESSE- NEED HELP

I have a question about divorce papers. Do u think the bcis will question a divorce paper obtained from home country, while both husband & wife are here in USA? This is because to obtain a divorce paper here in USA in not only expensive but also very time taking. I was wondering, if I can get our divorce paper from my home country while me & my wife are here in USA. This will cost me very cheap & quick. But at the same time I am worried that it may not be acceptable to BCIS. What is ur knowldge on this subject? Thanks

I have a question about divorce papers. Do u think the bcis will question a divorce paper obtained from home country, while both husband & wife are here in USA? This is because to obtain a divorce paper here in USA in not only expensive but also very time taking. I was wondering, if I can get our divorce paper from my home country while me & my wife are here in USA. This will cost me very cheap & quick. But at the same time I am worried that it may not be acceptable to BCIS. What is ur knowldge on this subject? Thanks

Comment

If both of you are living in the United States, then you must seek Divorce in the United States. If both are agree for divorce than you can file for an uncontested divorce. Uncontested divorces are very fast. For divorce you must fulfill residency requirements.
      Good luck.

Comment

Unfortunately, we have already arranged from home country. Do u think it will not be acceptable to immigration. Thanks again

Comment

Of course it was done on advise of an attorney. I want to bouble check it.

Comment

If you stay out of the United States for more than 6 months and could prove that both of you were in that particular country and cause of action for divorce arose there, then it may be acceptable to the Immigration. If you are USC, then you can divorce in other country while on visit.
            Good luck

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed