X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kaskudoo
    replied
    Thanks for the reply Chipmunk. I have one more question though....I have sent many resumes to companies in America to try and get sponsorship for an employment visa. I have a very promising lead, but was wondering if I do get sponsorship, will it be easier for me to get some type of employment visa even if I don't have the 'required' 4 year American bachelor degree equivalent?

And concerning the marriage/fiance issue: which is better? Is it better/easier to get the fiance visa and then marry in America, or is it easier (as in the processing times and paperwork) to get married in Germany and then head to America.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Get a fiance visa. You will have 90 days to marry your girlfriend. Once you get married, you can adjust your status and become a conditional permanent resident. Two years after that you can remove the condtion if you are still married. One year after that, or a total of three years after the day you received your permanent residency you can apply for citizenship, as long as you are still married at that time.

Leave a comment:

• Kaskudoo
    replied
    I am trying to figure out how i can get to america. I had a j1 visa in 2001 and lived and worked in the US, and also met my girlfriend (a US citizen). I am a professional (Master Pastry Chef with Hospitality Business Administration Certification) but an immigration lawyer told us there was no way I could get an H1B or O1. He was of no help to us. He said we could maybe try the H2 for seasonal workers, but the food industry is not very seasonal. I have been applying to many companies (restaurants and hotels) to see if they will sponsor me....but even if I get a job I do not know what visa I will be able to use. Does anyone have any insight? Is marriage our only option at this point? And how does the OPT visa or J1 Scholar/Professor visa fit in if I get a job at a culinary school? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thak you in advance!!!

Leave a comment:

• Kaskudoo
    started a topic Trying desparately to get to America

Trying desparately to get to America

I am trying to figure out how i can get to america. I had a j1 visa in 2001 and lived and worked in the US, and also met my girlfriend (a US citizen). I am a professional (Master Pastry Chef with Hospitality Business Administration Certification) but an immigration lawyer told us there was no way I could get an H1B or O1. He was of no help to us. He said we could maybe try the H2 for seasonal workers, but the food industry is not very seasonal. I have been applying to many companies (restaurants and hotels) to see if they will sponsor me....but even if I get a job I do not know what visa I will be able to use. Does anyone have any insight? Is marriage our only option at this point? And how does the OPT visa or J1 Scholar/Professor visa fit in if I get a job at a culinary school? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thak you in advance!!!
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney