Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need your Expert advice !!!

I am a US Citizen & my husband is LPR. He missed his children & i want to bring them to live with us in united states.They are 16/15/12 years old living in Pakistan. Please let me know , what i need to do for file them papers.
    I want to know what Forms i/we have need to fillup.
    Do i need to adopt them & then file for them or I can simply file I-130 for them.
    Looking your good advice, GOD BLESS YOU ALL ,
    GOD BLESS AMIRICA.
    Linda

I am a US Citizen & my husband is LPR. He missed his children & i want to bring them to live with us in united states.They are 16/15/12 years old living in Pakistan. Please let me know , what i need to do for file them papers.
    Do i need to adopt them & then file for them or I can simply file I-130 for them.
    GOD BLESS AMIRICA.
    Linda

Comment

As an LPR, he can apply for his children but it will take about 4-5 years for their priority date to come up. Adoption might be an option but you would have to go there and adopt them then live with them for 2 years in your household before applying. No faster way unless Congress sees fit to extend the V visa to periods of time different from what the law now calls for which is doubtful.
      Cheers!

Comment

Children are under 18 years of age. You are USC and they are children of your husband, so you can sponsor them by filing I-130 separately for each of them. Under the definition of "Child", a step-child under 18 years of age also qualifies as Immediate Relatives of USC.
        If you will sponsor them, they should be here may be in a year of so.
        Good luck.

Comment

Children are under 18 years of age. You are USC and they are children of your husband, so you can sponsor them by filing I-130 separately for each of them. Under the definition of "Child", a step-child under 18 years of age also qualifies as Immediate Relatives of USC.
          Good luck.

Comment

Thankyou Very much,
            GOd Bless you .
            Linda

Comment

Thank you very much for your kind advice , I will appreciate you , pls let me know what Form Number i/we have to fill up Because some one told us to fill up I-600 & I-600A .Your urget response rquested.
              GOD BLESS YOU, GOD BLESS AMERICA.
              Linda

GOD BLESS AMIRICA.
              Linda

Good luck.

Comment

The Form you have to fill in is I-130. You can download that Form from INS site or from this site. The Form is fillable and you can fill it before printing.
                Remember, you will have to file a separate I-130 for each child. With the Form you have to send copy of Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificates of children, Proof of dissolution of prior marriage of your husband.
                Good luck.

Comment

hi friend, check the thread ATTORNEY COST. i saw a phone number there of someone who might be able to help you. i have the same problem, and i called her ( i saw the post too!) her price is reasonable and i wil be dicussing it with my wife. i'm sure that she will be happy! we have been married for 2 years and my wife has an 11 and 8 year old in dacca, bangladesh.

Comment

These are easy Forms and does not need any expertise to fill these in. Just read the instructions carefully, you will know what to do and what documents you need to send with it.

Comment

Thank you very much Mr.Umesh Passi

My family appreciate your advice.
                      Linda

Comment

Umesh passi is correct, you can file I-130 separately and wait for the approval which will come in the mail.Your husband will see his kids in 6 months. Good luck!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation