SO THAT I CAN PLAN MY CAREER ACORDING TO IT

DEAR
    FRIENDS I HAVE PETTION FILED UNDER F2B
    CATEGORY IN MAY 1995 I WANT TO KNOW EAXCT TIME
    PERIOD WHEN I WILL BE GETTING MY VISA ,
    SO THAT I CAN PLAN MY CAREER ACORDING TO IT

Comment

hi rocky!

you were asking about the exact time when you can get the visa in which you are under an F2B petition beneficiary?

to set things in the clearest perspective, i have to tell you that an F2B category petition is a family based petition and the visa number availability in such category is not determined
      and is not readily available.

realistically, it takes so many years of waiting because there are so many factors that u have to consider ( eg.. the visa number availability, INS processing delays, document validation/corroboration, etc and all other inevitable delays )

so i think you shouldn't take the risk of planning your career just because of the US VISA because getting that visa under your category is not time-definite and certain so instead of dwelling on the thought of getting the visa, you should plan your career now irrespective of whether your priority date will be current because i believe you will have a great future and career even though you're in your homeland.

and just cross the bridge when u get there..getting the US visa would be the cherry on top of the ice cream once you have finally succeeded in pursuing the career..

hope for the best rocky!

antman23

Comment

Dear sir,
        I have F2B family case it is date is sep 95 should i expect that the visa number will be availble to me within year and half since the dates they work on in INS is now in Jan 94 and before how many months should the NVC send me the papers to complete my visa processing?
        thanks.

Comment

you may be right, within 1 1/2 years your visa # may become available. right now you should be preparing your passport, birth certificate, parent's marriage certificate, family portrait, your parent's affidavit of support or if income is below family level, a co-sponsor is needed. when you recieve your Pocket 3 pakage, some requirements are police and judicial clearance and others. $260.00 fee, $65.00 visa fee, $50.00 for affidavit of support fee. you are lucky if the consul is in the mood, if not, she or he will ask you nonsence questions. I am speaking thru experience. it me 4 months before the visa was given to me. if your papers complete, 2 months delay is the best guest.

Comment

you may be right, within 1 1/2 years your visa # may become available. right now you should be preparing your passport, birth certificate, parent's marriage certificate, family portrait, your parent's affidavit of support or if income is below family level, a co-sponsor is needed. when you recieve your Pocket 3 pakage, some requirements are police and judicial clearance and others. $260.00 fee, $65.00 visa fee, $50.00 for affidavit of support fee. you are lucky if the consul is in the mood, if not, she or he will ask you nonsence questions. I am speaking thru experience. it me took 4 months before the visa was given to me. if your papers complete, 2 months delay is the best guest.

Comment

As you can see, the F2B category has been moving at the rate of less than 1 month at at time.

It will be interesting to see how many people are moved back from F2B to F2A because of the nee Child Status Protection Act. Similarly, a lot of people may be put into immediate relative category from F2A. This will free up a lot of visa numbers.

You may get a better feel for the movement by the end of this year.

In the meantime do not put your career on hold where ever you are. Live your life

Comment

what do u mean child act and it is true they will advanced the dates more this time since you say there will be more visa numbers ?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation