Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What after Approval of I 129F???

Can someone please share with me what really happens after I 129 is approved. I have been told so many different things that I really am getting freaked out. I have spoke with folks from my congressmens offices, many different INS employees, as well as those at the consulate that I put on application ( in my case El Salvador).

I have been given conflicting information from different agencies and as well as information differs from person to person in the same agencies. I dont get it at all. I have NO idea what to do next.

Thanks for any info!

Can someone please share with me what really happens after I 129 is approved. I have been told so many different things that I really am getting freaked out. I have spoke with folks from my congressmens offices, many different INS employees, as well as those at the consulate that I put on application ( in my case El Salvador).

I have been given conflicting information from different agencies and as well as information differs from person to person in the same agencies. I dont get it at all. I have NO idea what to do next.

Thanks for any info!

Comment

?

Comment

Here is a typical scenario: INS used to take 6-8 weeks to approve an I 129F, now it's a bit longer (say 8-12)..after approval it (the petition) is sent to the consulate/embassy where the alien fiancee (AF) resides (allow 2-3 weeks); after the consulate receives it, they mail out a packet of forms to the AF and usually at the same time tells the AF when his/her appt is for the visa interview...this is typically about 3-6 weeks after receipt of the approved petition, with variation based on the workload of the particular embassy. On interview day, assuming the AF has no immigration problems to contend with, the AF will be issued the K-1 and can travel to the US, get married within 90 days of arrival and begin AOS.
        Some of these times could also vary with screwy mail deliveries or improperly addressed items.
        Normally it does not do any good to try and pressure the embassy to put your case first; after all, what about all of those other folks who were ahead of you? How are they going to feel? How would you feel if you were first in line and got "bumped" by someone else?
        If you add up all the time, figure 4-6 months, start to stop. Be glad if it is less, but plan on the esitmated time above.

Comment

Where may I ask is the Embassy that you are dealing with? Every country is different. I've successfully gotten TWO (don't ask) different men here on K-1 visas in the last year so I could guide you a bit, but it would help to know a few things. Best to look at www.k1faq.com. Very GOOD info there.

Comment

We had our visa interview on july 23, 02 but the Moscow consulate did not give it to us,but did say it was approved?? they keep telling us to call back next week?? it has been 6 weeks now?? does anyone know why the are taking such a long time, the visa was supposed to be given on day of interview, that was my understanding??What can a person do to find out whaty is going on ??

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation