Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-601 Medical Waiver

I have filled for a waiver (I-601) on the immunization requirements of the Adjustment of Status medical. The waiver is based on religious and moral grounds. Has anyone had any experience with this?

I have filled for a waiver (I-601) on the immunization requirements of the Adjustment of Status medical. The waiver is based on religious and moral grounds. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Comment

Many of us have some experience with the I-601 waiver of excludability. Can you give us more detail on your situation or on any specific questiosn that you might have.

I hope we can help.

Comment

Basically, we have not immunized our children, and we don't want to, based on our belief that this shows a lack of faith in God and we have some moral concerns on how many of the vaccines are created. Thus we filed a I-601 to accompany our I-495 requesting a waiver of only the immunization requirement of the medical exams for my wife and I and kids. The regulations allow for a waiver of immunizations based on religious or moral grounds but I haven't found any definitions on how this is applied. My question is whether anyone is aware of this type of waiver of excludability specifically on the immun. requirment being filed and what the results were? Thanks. This is a great forum!

Comment

I don't have experience in this kind of waiver but i guess, and don't think its gonna fly.
          While immgrating, alien is subjected to carrier of diseases which can be contagious, and health department want to make sure that alien is immune any not carrying.
          If INS let you enter without immunization, think what damage it can do to the society?..

Comment

I am not sure. All of my experience has been with the I-601 waiver of a bar for inadmissability to the country due to hardship.

I would recommend that you try to talk to people who have AIDS or Tuberculosis. Under certain situations they are allowed into the country and they may better information to give you and they may be more helpful!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation