Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adopting my sister sons

need help desperately my sister past away last Friday. She left a 11 months old boy. she had her visa number but now she is gone. My mother just flew to the Philippines yesterday to take care of her remain. Is there anyway for me or my Mother can adopt my nephew. What is the best way? any help or advice would greatly appreciated.

need help desperately my sister past away last Friday. She left a 11 months old boy. she had her visa number but now she is gone. My mother just flew to the Philippines yesterday to take care of her remain. Is there anyway for me or my Mother can adopt my nephew. What is the best way? any help or advice would greatly appreciated.

Comment

Your mother or you can adopt the child, provided child's father is willing to give in adoption. If he does not want to give the child in adaption, then you or anybody can do nothing. Moreover, if you are married then your huband should join you to adopt the child. You should contact American Embassy in Phillipines to ask for other formalities.
      Good luck.

Comment

Hello Nognog,

I truly am so sorry to hear about your sister. I am sure you are going through a very sad and hard time.

I am not familiar with the adoption process, so I can not help you in this area. I really wish I could.

I am bumping it up in hopes that someone will be able to answer your question for you.

Just know that you and your loved ones will be in my prayers asking God to give you strength and courage to help you make it through such hard and sad times.

God Bless You and Your Loved Ones and May God Keep You In His Care!

Comment

I am so very sorry to hear about your sister. My condolences to you and your family.

Just as Mohan said, yes, you or your mother can adopt the child. Unless the child is legally an orphan, the adopted child is required to spend 2 years in the custody of adoptive parent(s) before BCIS will process the childs papers.

You will have to consider the laws/procedures of the country where the child is adopted and then also the U.S. Laws on adoption. The states have different requirements on adoption of chidlren.

International adoption of children is somewhat complex process, and my suggestion is that you talk to a local attorney about it. Good luck!

Comment

Hi Jesse,

I hope that you are doing well and life is treating you with kindness. Haven't seen you on for awhile.

I know that it is late and Umesh Passi and Mohan have about the same style of writing, but I thought I would correct you if you do not mind. It was Umesh Passi that posted, not Mohan.

Thank you, Jesse, for your dedication and advice that you give to this board.

God Bless and Take Care!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed