X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Us Embassy Hasseles

Hi,
    My wife was granted an approval for the K3 visa, but she is having a tough time with the INS.

They are requesting documents that are not listed in the general info. some of them I can live with others do not make sense to me. Following are the requirements:

1. They want my IRS transcript?? I sent my 1040's for the last three years, but they refused to accept those. They inisist on a transcript, does anyone know what they are asking for??

2. They want info on my education here in the States and how I paid for it? What does that have to do with my wife?

3. They want to know how I came to the US, again how does that affect my wife's case, being that I am a citizen of United States?

Please help.

In frustration

Rikki Boparai

Hi,
    My wife was granted an approval for the K3 visa, but she is having a tough time with the INS.

They are requesting documents that are not listed in the general info. some of them I can live with others do not make sense to me. Following are the requirements:

1. They want my IRS transcript?? I sent my 1040's for the last three years, but they refused to accept those. They inisist on a transcript, does anyone know what they are asking for??

2. They want info on my education here in the States and how I paid for it? What does that have to do with my wife?

3. They want to know how I came to the US, again how does that affect my wife's case, being that I am a citizen of United States?

Please help.

In frustration

Rikki Boparai

Comment

I'm not sure what documents are needed but one work of advice: just do what they ask for. You want her here? Just send them.

As far as the IRS transcripts...call the IRS. When we had to file our paperwork we couldn't find the ax returns so we went to the IRS and she printed off our tax returns.

I hope that helps a little.

Comment

File Form 4506 with the IRS, which is the request for a tax transcript. It only takes a few days for them to send it to you. It summarizes what you filed with the IRS, and what you paid (or what refunds you received). I guess the INS wants official documentation from the IRS, as opposed to the returns you filed.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation