Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marriage

I am a USC by birth. I am involved with an illegal alien and we have 1 child together. We want to get married. What would be our best route to go. He is here illegally entered without inspection. Would it be better to go get married in his home and then admit to the illegal status and appy for his papers this way? Or what ewlse is there I am so CONFUSED, Please help!!! I reaad this board looking for some answers and as of right now I am more confused.....PLEASE HELP

I am a USC by birth. I am involved with an illegal alien and we have 1 child together. We want to get married. What would be our best route to go. He is here illegally entered without inspection. Would it be better to go get married in his home and then admit to the illegal status and appy for his papers this way? Or what ewlse is there I am so CONFUSED, Please help!!! I reaad this board looking for some answers and as of right now I am more confused.....PLEASE HELP

Comment

Hi! Get married here and start prossecing his paperwork as soon as you can. If you let him go it might take years for him to return.

Comment

I have heard that if we do this it will not work becausse the 245 is not in effect now. I am not sure what would happen though. Please explain further on what the process is if we married in the US.

Comment

You need to file a package of documents. No need to go to a lawyer. You can print them out off the INS website. I-485, I-130, I-864, I-693, G-325A.

Comment

First thing first. You must get married. Both parties in the House are considering to extend 245(i). So you can wait till such time to file papers. In this way, your marriage will be well established and you will have enough proof to submit to the INS for his adjustment of Status.
            Since your husband is illegal and came here by border crossing, it is better to wait till 245(i) is extended.
            Good Luck to both of you. Get married asap.....

Comment

Should we get married here or go to his home country? If we go to his home wwhat do I need to do to petition for him this way. We want to have the "wedding" their. I can get married civilly either way.

Comment

Should we get married here or go to his home country? If we go to his home wwhat do I need to do to petition for him this way. We want to have the "wedding" their. I can get married civilly either way.

Comment

He came without inspection--you can sponsor him but the consequence is not that easy. It is not like someone who came here legally and became out of status.

yOUR BEST BET is to go with him to his country and get married and then file 1-130 here.

Comment

How long will it take to get him here by doing this? What happens hwen we admit that he was here without inspection? How do we go about getting him here?

Comment

Right now, with him coming in without inspection, there is *nothing* you can do. You'll have to wait until the 245(i) comes back, if it ever will.

If he goes back and then file the paperwork and so forth, there are questions that will probably be in the order of "have you ever been to the US..."

You guys are going to have to lie probably and get a story together about how you meet and so forth and so on...it's a LOT easier to remember the truth and I don't think that would be the way to go. I don't recommend that at all.

There really isn't much you can do tho

Comment

I do not want to go and lie. Hes already done wrong by coming here ilegally. Is there any kind of waiver if he does go home and we tell them the truth when filing. I think lying would get too sticky and I dont want any more problems. How long will it be before the 245 comes back?

Comment

Any more info would be greatly appreciated.
                          Please help!

Comment

Any more info would be greatly appreciated.
                            Please help!

Comment

Tell your boy friend to go back to his country the same way he did- no inspection, no record, it was as if he was just a trespasser. you know what to do next.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation