Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• small business!

I am planning to start a small business with an American friend, as of now I am on my practical training and I would like to know if I could get a green card or H1 visa through this business...thanks for the help

I am planning to start a small business with an American friend, as of now I am on my practical training and I would like to know if I could get a green card or H1 visa through this business...thanks for the help

Comment

If the business appears viable, it is possible that you could get an H-1 to work there; however, BCIS looks very closely at H-1 applications by small companies and start-ups. If BCIS doesn't believe that the company can pay the wage offered on the H-1 application, they will deny it.

Also, unless you qualify for extraordinary ability (EB-1), a business you own cannot sponsor you for a green card. Labor certification does not allow self-employment, so an owner (or part-owner) of a business cannot be sponsored for a green card by the business he owns.

Comment

To gain permanent residency via the investor's route, it takes a minimum of 5 yrs. of conducting a successfull business and then adjusting properly.

To obtain the investor's visa, an applicant must typically invest a minimum of $250,000+ (I believe it's a "little" bit less in rural areas) and employ a minimum of 5 permanent resident aliens and/or U.S. citizens.

Good luck!

Comment

Thank you guys for the replies.......

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources