X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should I stay or go now, help

Guest posted January 28, 2003 08:35 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I entered the US on a vwp HOLIDAY VISA for fear immigration would take my gc from me( I didnt use it for 5 for illness reasons,) (gc has 5 years left to run). When I left the US five years ago on the green card no one swiped it or took details so they dont know I left the US. (I will get an FOIA)I was however, in the US on a holiday for two weeks last summer, and now the current holiday vwp visa expires next week. I want to stay petition to get in again through my sister who is a citizen.But it will mean not being able to visit home and waiting for years to get petitioned in and being illegal? If I stay

1), will the fact that I overstayed the VWP visa go against any future diversity lottery I might win,or petition,

2.I wonder should I should go home on time b4 expires and try to come in on my green card. ???

3. If I stay and work on my gc for 4.5 yrs and apply for citizenship what problems do I face

4.If I stay whats my best course

I only have a few days to consider what to do, !! Iwould be grateful for advise, Umesh , Mogan?? guests??

Guest posted January 28, 2003 08:35 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I entered the US on a vwp HOLIDAY VISA for fear immigration would take my gc from me( I didnt use it for 5 for illness reasons,) (gc has 5 years left to run). When I left the US five years ago on the green card no one swiped it or took details so they dont know I left the US. (I will get an FOIA)I was however, in the US on a holiday for two weeks last summer, and now the current holiday vwp visa expires next week. I want to stay petition to get in again through my sister who is a citizen.But it will mean not being able to visit home and waiting for years to get petitioned in and being illegal? If I stay

1), will the fact that I overstayed the VWP visa go against any future diversity lottery I might win,or petition,

2.I wonder should I should go home on time b4 expires and try to come in on my green card. ???

3. If I stay and work on my gc for 4.5 yrs and apply for citizenship what problems do I face

4.If I stay whats my best course

I only have a few days to consider what to do, !! Iwould be grateful for advise, Umesh , Mogan?? guests??

Comment

anyone got any advice on this?? come on

Comment

You need to talk to a lawyer on this one...
        Goodluck

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed