X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for my wife who is on her mothers fiancee visa

Ok here is the situation:

My wife came here on Nov 29, 01, under her mothers fiancee visa. We got married Dec 16, 02.

The problem is that her mother and her husband are getting a divorce due to abuse. I understand that my wife will be filing under the battered and abused spouse act with her mother, but that is not a guarantee. What would I need to do if the final answer with the battered and abused petition is denied?

I was told by someone when I called INS that she may have to go back to her home and have to get a new visa, and would like to know what the likelyness of this is.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ok here is the situation:

My wife came here on Nov 29, 01, under her mothers fiancee visa. We got married Dec 16, 02.

The problem is that her mother and her husband are getting a divorce due to abuse. I understand that my wife will be filing under the battered and abused spouse act with her mother, but that is not a guarantee. What would I need to do if the final answer with the battered and abused petition is denied?

I was told by someone when I called INS that she may have to go back to her home and have to get a new visa, and would like to know what the likelyness of this is.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Are you a US Citizen? Of so, then you should file for her.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation