Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help Umesh/Morales: in US 20 yrs, need green card

I came to the US as a teenager in summmer 1986 on a temporary visa (dependent of my parents). My parents soon left the US. I have been here ever since and have been careful to always remain legal. I have been on J visa, F visa, and now H1 visa.

I want to stay here, get a green card, and eventually become a citizen. I am a high school teacher in a critical shortage area. I have applied for a green card but am not very hopeful that it will go through before my H1 runs out. [I am still awaiting labor certification because of the backlogs]. I am not married so cannot get a green card that way and have no family members that can sponsor me.

The INS seems to have lots of programs to benefit illegals. My question is, is there any way I can get a green card also? It seems I am being penalized for being so careful to remain legal! One would think an immigrant like me who is involved in educating so many US citizen children would be valued by the US government.

Somewhere on this site someone stated that if you are in the US for 5 years prior to turning 21 you can apply for a green card. Is this true? If so, how can I go about this? (Of course at this time I am well over 21).

In lieu of replying here you may also email me at cassiopaeia2000@yahoo.com

Thank you in advance for your help!

I came to the US as a teenager in summmer 1986 on a temporary visa (dependent of my parents). My parents soon left the US. I have been here ever since and have been careful to always remain legal. I have been on J visa, F visa, and now H1 visa.

I want to stay here, get a green card, and eventually become a citizen. I am a high school teacher in a critical shortage area. I have applied for a green card but am not very hopeful that it will go through before my H1 runs out. [I am still awaiting labor certification because of the backlogs]. I am not married so cannot get a green card that way and have no family members that can sponsor me.

The INS seems to have lots of programs to benefit illegals. My question is, is there any way I can get a green card also? It seems I am being penalized for being so careful to remain legal! One would think an immigrant like me who is involved in educating so many US citizen children would be valued by the US government.

Somewhere on this site someone stated that if you are in the US for 5 years prior to turning 21 you can apply for a green card. Is this true? If so, how can I go about this? (Of course at this time I am well over 21).

In lieu of replying here you may also email me at cassiopaeia2000@yahoo.com

Thank you in advance for your help!

Comment

You are already on H Visa and have applied for AOS, eventually you will get your GC. You can also renew your H Visa. Since you are single, you also have a choice to get married to USC and get your GC.
      Good luck.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed