Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW CONGRESS

Does anyone here, think that with the result of this election, the congress will pass the proposed earned legalization bill promised by Rep Dick Gephardt. Please, discuss this andlet me know you views.

Does anyone here, think that with the result of this election, the congress will pass the proposed earned legalization bill promised by Rep Dick Gephardt. Please, discuss this andlet me know you views.

Comment

It is very much clear for hopeful immigrants like us now that we are going to have a tough time for at least two more years. GOP grabs the control of the House and the Senate as a result of this year's election.

This will also pose a huge pressure to GOP to do their jobs right or they will face one of the biggest power collapes in the next election.

What can we do ? Pray. And may the power be with you all.

J2004

Comment

Sorry to tell you that, but while I was surfing the news online i read that D. Gephardt might step
        down (((

Comment

I do not necessarily agree with the above view. Politics is a game of give and take. The REpublicans and identified the Hispanic Citizens as their natural constituency. Bush was also committed to some form of legalization prior to Sep 11.

I believe that now the immigration reform bill can pass as a Republican initiative.

Comment

Of course they are going to do their jobs right!!! They have to...

And by saying "It is very much clear for hopeful immigrants like us now that we are going to have a tough time for at least two more years" .. What are you so hopeful for? 245(i)?

Comment

What has bothered me in all the federal and local elections held this week is that NO ONE mentioned immigration issues in any of their commercials, debates or speeches. They talked about Iraq and the economy, but not one candidate from any party mentioned immigration. At least now we know who to write to when the next session of Congress begins! Stay after them!

Comment

You may think no one mentioned it ,but the American people spoke loud and clear. Anyone who was for amnesty for illegals LOST. ALL OF THEM. Tancredo in CO. won BIG!! Oh , it was mentioned alright.

Comment

245(i) its gotta come into effect oneday...
                  it only makes sence...
                  A law was passed that is just not right...
                  it has to be ammended...

Comment

Most Americans are quite happy with our immigration laws. And if you notice, any one openly for any kind of amnesty program got tossed out.

Comment

Irene,,,
                      Your american.....
                      And you know what....You say that most americans are happy with the currrent laws...
                      I got news for you..
                      Most americans doent even know immigration laws...
                      Your all a bunch of brainwashed fools.
                      When will you face facts that its that attitude that makes the rest of the world dislike you.
                      Have some compassion for other humans, fix your foreign poilicies and treat others respectfully.
                      Your trying to tell me that you dont support the H.R 1452???????
                      You dont even know what it is,..
                      Get a brain...

Comment

Yes Irene, Jack is right most american don't know
                        about immigration laws mainly because they are not concerned not because they are against immigrant...
                        And Jack there is a difference though between
                        american people which are really nice people and
                        the Government !!!

Comment

True, most Americans are unaware of immigration laws. It is not because they are anti immigration or even because they are not concerned, but because immigration laws do not touch their day to day life. Most USC live in a world that is very isolated and protected from immigration laws and they aren't aware of what they are or how they affect people.

People only have so much time in their life and they pay attention to what the candidates talk about, what is salient to them in their lives, and other heuristics that make life and decisions more simple. This is not bad... it is what everyone does.

But the fact of the matter is that the only way we can make immigration laws an issue is by writing congresspeople, getting the media involved, talking about it, and by voting.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation