Yes, she does

Leave a comment:

• Melissa
    replied
    Yes, she does.

Leave a comment:

• Lord Chief Justice, Master of the Buckho
    replied
    You really want this answer. Unfortunately, it is yes. If you married while your petitioning parent was a lawful permanent resident, the I-130 would be invalidated.

I-130 petitions are valid under the category you file. The INA gives discretion to change to another available category- example, if a married child of a USC (3rd preference) divorces, the class changes to 1st preference unmarried children or even immediate relative if you are young enough.

But, since there is no category for married children of an LPR, the petition is invalid. It will be denied if it has not been adjudicated or revoked if it was already approved. This is automatic.
    Reference 8 CFR 205.1

The Grand Poo-Bah
    Lord Chief Justice, Master of the Buckhounds and Groom of the Back Stairs

Leave a comment:

• jaro_p
    replied
    do my mother have to fill another petition because of i got married before my mother become a lowful Citizen of The U.S.A.and wait for another 10 years or longer to get a permanent resident status ?!?!?!?!?!?!
    (first

Leave a comment:

• jaro_p
    started a topic got married before mothers Citizenship

got married before mothers Citizenship

do my mother have to fill another petition because of i got married before my mother become a lowful Citizen of The U.S.A.and wait for another 10 years or longer to get a permanent resident status ?!?!?!?!?!?!
    (first
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation